Game-Labs Forum

Another aside from me what to see a ton of 4th rates added?

Austrum

I was just thinking, we have Frigates, some of which could be classified 4th rates (Constitution comes to mind) and we have 3rd rates like the Bellona and the incoming Ingermanland but no 50-60 gun 4th rates, even in the works.  

So anyone aside from me like to see some focus on true 4th rate SoLs of 50-60 guns??

I am sure there will be a ton, as long as people are willing to pay for their development. I would myself pay money to see Mordaunt 4th rate in this game. 

large.jpg

This 3rd rate will be added in a week of 2. 

rZQE0fs.jpg?1

Yeah I love the Mordaunt and am a firm supporter of getting that ship added to the game.  Also strongly looking forward to the Ingermanland which has a good chance of being my preferred ship in the game being the lovely small 3rd rate that she is.

We really need a ton of 3rd and 4th rates, as they where the meat and potatos of the fleets they sailed in, I maintain the idea that 2nd and 1st rates should be incredibly exspensive and risky to use much like the titans and supercarriers of Eve.

• Like 1

We really need a ton of 3rd and 4th rates, as they where the meat and potatos of the fleets they sailed in, I maintain the idea that 2nd and 1st rates should be incredibly exspensive and risky to use much like the titans and supercarriers of Eve.

Yep. with you on that one.  4th rates should be able to investment of a fully outfitted Battleship in EVE which 3rd rates should be around the cost of a Marauder or Special Faction Battleship, 2nd Rates about the cost of say a Carrier and 1st rates up there with Titans.  Lower end Frigates should be the Battlecruiser, with Super Frigates like the Connie up around the same cost as a 4th or even 3rd rate. 

I mean I have to be fully honest here and say there is nothing that will kill the open world game faster than there being tons and tons of SoLs in use everywhere you sail.

Edited by Austrum