Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.6 Feedback<<< (Update RC)

4 hours ago, PhoenixLP44 said:

I don't think fire is the problem. HE shells are. I have done some tests and HE shells larger 5" are almost always guaranteed to give you partial pens even if you have MAXIMUM belt armour and 32cm of deck armour.

My ship with everything set to do as much fire damage and chance as possible

20240809120607_1.thumb.jpg.4b2585580fad7d03454b82e17d9971ab.jpg

My other battleship with as much armour as possible while maintaining reasonable of combat effectiveness

20240809120756_1.thumb.jpg.ffb1feb22671955bc66e5961c0a801dd.jpg20240809120801_1.thumb.jpg.47d6b23428c1be5d5c9d51188847e567.jpg

fire is not the issue HE shells are. I have been firing exclusively with HE shells in this test and these are the results...

Also penetration values are way too high for guns at tier 5. Hell modern APFSDS would be needed to achive this level of penetration. (not saying that it is impossible to have these in 1950 just very unlikely)20240809122007_1.thumb.jpg.2a0c64cf169631ce10d0317f500a40d5.jpg

Fires I think are a separate problem, I've had fires with no penetration at all (aka "Blocked") that caused a superficial deck fire that then spread *through* the steel deck and *through* the citadel, killing hundreds of crew in a few minutes. There's something wrong with how fire spread is handled even with a large amount of bulkheads and a citadel.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roboczar said:

Fires I think are a separate problem, I've had fires with no penetration at all (aka "Blocked") that caused a superficial deck fire that then spread *through* the steel deck and *through* the citadel, killing hundreds of crew in a few minutes. There's something wrong with how fire spread is handled even with a large amount of bulkheads and a citadel.

haven't been able to fully observe that but I think you are right with your point. Whatever it is, fire needs a rework and HE shells as well.

• Like 1

Don't know about the HE, but fires get out of control very quickly no matter what ship configuration is or crew levels. Most of the ships are burned to death in a few minutes. That is not normal!

• Like 1

Glad I opted out of playing this beta. Seems like 1.5 will be the ultimate edition of the game with the glaring weight issues being reported everywhere, as well as the HE and Fire issues, while the Devs are completely ignoring feedback (the entire point of a beta in the first place).

On 8/8/2024 at 9:44 AM, HopefullAdmiral0786 said:

Dear Dev's

A small point, but one that has bugged me for some time, is that the European map is not accurate.

In that, the Austro-Hungarian Empire is too small and Romainia & Serbia are too large.

I have attached a screen shot of what UAD represents as Austro-Hungarian Empire, Romainia and Serbia, compared with an actual historical map (circa 1894).

As one can see, both Romainia and Serbia are larger than they should be and and spread further west (in Romainia's case) and further north (in Serbia's case).

I appreciate it is a minor point for the game, but for a graduate in modern history, it is a bit annoying.

Perhaps this could be addressed in the next patch, if it is not too much hassle?

Europe 1894 - source OmniAtlas.png

Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts - Europe Map 1890.jpg

This would be perfect time to fix. Map breaks save. Rest of world might be imperfect, but I think Europe should be accurate.

List of change by priority:

1. Split west poland to Danzig, Prussia, Warsaw (Russian).

2. Split trabsyvania off Romania and give to AH.

3. Alsace lorrain to Germany.

4. South Tyrol split from Italy to AH.

This would look close enough with minimal effort.

• Like 3

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.6 Feedback<<< (Update RC)

(Update RC - 10/8/2024)
- Fine tuning in shell ballistics - affects penetration.
- Fine tuning in fire damage mechanics. Crew losses from fire will increase significantly only when structure damage becomes severe.
- Auto-Design optimizations.
- Further fixes - optimizations, increasing combat fps.
- Raised the draught level of Monitor/Virginia ironclads so that they sail better in rough seas. Any mission saves that had those ships will need fixing.
- Fixed again some issues related to mothballing.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.

This build is considered a release candidate. It may get released during this weekend.

• Like 6

@Nick Thomadis I woul'd like to suggest that original crew numbers have effect on firefighting and damage control. So ships with spacious crew compartments have significantly better damage control compared to ones with cramped crew spaces. The logic is more crew, more damage control parties 

• Like 2