Game-Labs Forum

Still waiting for those visual improvements.

Myes!

The new patch was just released, and I couldn't help but notice that the game still uses the ugly, placeholder-looking interface it has been using since beta.

Delightful.

A number of people have been requesting that the infinitely more polished and professional-looking aesthetics from the iPad version be ported over to the PC-version, but have heard nothing from the developers. This is becoming increasingly annoying. It's frankly embarrassing to see the aesthetics for the bloody iPad - essentially a large iPhone - look more professional and attractive than the frankly amateurish aesthetics of the PC version. Those hideous, grey concrete slab-looking brigade command buttons. The campaign menu. The pre-battle campaign overview map. It looks amateur-hour, and completely clashes with the otherwise polished-looking actual battle-gameplay. Other posters have even pointed out that the sound is supposedly better on the iPad version, but I can't comment on that.

This needs to change. It really does.

• Like 1

Those hideous, grey concrete slab-looking brigade command buttons. The campaign menu. The pre-battle campaign overview map. It looks amateur-hour, and completely clashes with the otherwise polished-looking actual battle-gameplay. Other posters have even pointed out that she sound is supposedly better on the iPad version, but I can't comment on that.

This needs to change. It really does.

UI was heavily inspired by Minecraft - one of the most popular indie games on the planet. Some might argue that ours is a little better.

ZXKRKZV.png

UI is not our strong point and at this stage we focus on the things we do best - gameplay.

I have a question about this. The way people are talking about it is confusing me. When people are saying the "graphics" are better on the ipad version, are they referring to the UI only. Or, are the actual game graphics of the terrain, brigades, etc better?

Also, is the sound actually better on the ipad version too?

V/R,

UGGLOYALIST

• Like 1

I have a question about this. The way people are talking about it is confusing me. When people are saying the "graphics" are better on the ipad version, are they referring to the UI only. Or, are the actual game graphics of the terrain, brigades, etc better?

My bad. The term "Aesthetics" is probably more appropriate. I've edited my original comment.

That said; I'm essentially referring to anything but the actual battle visuals, which, from what I can tell, look identical. I'm talking about the campaign menu, the pre-battle overview maps, the unit interface-buttons - everything. Some have said the audio is better on the iPad version, as well, but I can't comment on that.

I think one of the most stand-out problems is how violently this clashes with the much more polished-looking battles. They could almost be different games, which makes the game look amateurish and incomplete. Contrast this with the iPad-version, where the whole package is polished to a tee, and goes together beautifully; looking completely professional. It's embarrassing to watch.

UI was heavily inspired by Minecraft - one of the most popular indie games on the planet. Some might argue that ours is a little better.

Some might argue that the iPad-version of this game looks significantly better than the PC-version, despite it being on a significantly weaker platform, which is the point of my post. Some might further argue that Minecraft's UI and menu actually fits with the aesthetic of the main game, unlike yours.

For some perspective on my point of view; I've had this problem since the beginning. It bothers me whenever I play. It did, however, occur to me that - like others have said - it's understandable on account of it being a small indie-game with a limited budget and presumably a small team. This is why I never bothered to post about it.

It's only now, upon seeing how the mobile version - of all things - looks significantly more like the professional product the game should ideally have looked like all along, that my ire is raised enough for me to bother making a case about it. If the iPad-version hadn't been looking the way it does, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It needs to be fixed.