Game-Labs Forum

Re: modding of nations

MDHansen

Thank you for this section of the forums. Greatly tidies up and makes the mods and modders more and easily viewable

now. I will ask here, since you said we could ask you questions 😁

Is it, with current "tools", doable to insert a minor/medium faction as major? If you've seen my thread

I would very much appreciate it if you can take your time in a busy day to answer me here

Best regards from a hopefull nation-modder

MDH

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

You can make in "players" the "type" = Major and then fill up information on other data cells similarly as with other nations. It is very important to have "enabledForCampaign" = 1.

You may anticipate issues with nations that have provinces not set up to be "Home". You cannot change this in the mod config unfortunately.

It is uncertain what other problems may happen, as we have not tried to add another new nation, yet.

• Thanks 2

thank you for the swift answer. Now, I am pretty sure I have done what I need to do, but did a quick control check now.
Also, a quick reminder of the files I've edited:

aiAdmirals - copied china and changed relevant info
aiPersonalities - copied china and changed relevant info ( norwai_ai )
partmodels - copied germany and changed relevant info
parts - added norway to germany parts ( germany-> "germany, norway" )
players - copied germany and changed relevant info ( norway,1,Norway,major,,,1,cc0000,2986cc,,Text,Text,13500,norway_ai,-> )
ports - no change I think, default is 1 (enabled)
provinces - changed ( northern_norway,1,Northern Norway,arctic,norway,norway,norway,norway,norway,norway,norway,norway,1,home,-> )
relationmatrix - added norway and an extra set of modifiers top and bottom ( @name,britain,france,germany,usa,russia,italy,austria,japan,spain,china,norway )
shipnames - copied china and changed relevant info

57 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You may anticipate issues with nations that have provinces not set up to be "Home". You cannot change this in the mod config unfortunately.

I just read this a 3rd time, and understood what you meant! bummer, that is unfortunate. This alone explains everything. Thank you