Game-Labs Forum

Campaign UI suggestion

93 hours into the game I've been enjoying my first campaign, but there's one thing in particular that's been irking me:

image.png.dc7b624a28ad85e25cd74d0839daa4d4.png

The info panel in the world map contains two lines of completely irrelevant information for that level (since it doesn't affect my actions on the world map) but lacks something I find myself needing to check constantly: shipbuilding capacity. Whenever a ship gets damaged or I accept to build one for an ally I have to check the finances screen to make sure I'm within capacity, otherwise I have to put something on hold because going even a little over capacity can cause long delays in everything else. It would be very handy to have that information on the world map panel. That way it might even be visible whenever someone asks to commission a ship, and I usually have no idea whether it would put me over the limit.

On another note - I'm not sure whether it's a UI issue but I'd rather not start another thread for it - whenever I move ships to a port, more often than not they'll end up somewhere very near that port but not in the port itself. I usually have to give them new movement orders to get them to actually move in. Each time, my cursor would be highlighting the port's info panel, which I've been taking to mean that it's selecting the port as its destination. If that's not the case, it may be an actual UI problem if it's giving the wrong impression.

• Like 7

I understand the shipbuilding.  I've had to suspend or cancel ships because of that.  Would also be nice to see your shipbuilding capacity when a friendly asks you to build something for them.

As for moving ships to port.  I know this has been discussed before.  When you moved you actually didn't select the port, but a spot very close despite what you think you saw.  I'd like to see a bit different port screen if you select it compared to regular movement.  As to what causes it, not sure.  It does feel like at times the UI can be extremely picky and other times, your cursor just has to be in the vicinity of the port when you click.

Both very good suggestions, for the port one, I would love to have a little icon near the task force when you select the port ( maybe an anchor).

I would also love to have, when events happen that influence your relationship with other nations, to know what the relation with those nations are

• Like 2

Agreed, I have a problem when I'm in charge of the navy for a complete empire that I'm expected to be a lowly bookkeeping clerk too. When a minor ally asks to build three cruisers a hint saying "You will have 1234t spare shipyard capacity" or "You will exceed shipyard capacity by 3456t" would be helpful. The same sorts of hints about relationships (e.g., pushing relationship to -99) would help too.

Being a grand strategy game on the world screen (and politics/finance/research screens) should imply no need for micromanagement on those screens. Micromanagement while designing ships is a different matter. Better management/setup of ship formations at the beginning of battles is a long-standing request.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would also like to see more information and control options about the supply routes the transports are taking so we can better plan to protect vulnerable routes. as of now i am unclear where i should focus my ships to protect transports. options to change transport routes to avoid dangerous areas would be nice as well. i think transport ui should be an important concern.BRM2776-Nav-War-Map-No.-6-Global-War-300

• Like 1