Game-Labs Forum

Invasions

Could one of you good people please explain to me how invasions (offensive & defensive) work and how you support them with your fleets? To be clear, I'm talking about land invasions. It's pretty clear how naval invasions work.

Do I need to place fleets close to the coast or a port of the province being attacked or is it just based on what fleets I have in the "Sea Region"?

Playing as Britain, I currently have Kashmir being attacked (from two directions) by the Chinese. What do I do about this? The tooltip says Kashmir's Sea Region is Bay of Bengal. If I put a fleet in the Bay of Bengal, will that help support the defence of Kashmir even though it's about 1000 miles inland?

On 5/19/2023 at 5:56 PM, admiral-pasta said:

Could one of you good people please explain to me how invasions (offensive & defensive) work and how you support them with your fleets? To be clear, I'm talking about land invasions. It's pretty clear how naval invasions work.

Do I need to place fleets close to the coast or a port of the province being attacked or is it just based on what fleets I have in the "Sea Region"?

Playing as Britain, I currently have Kashmir being attacked (from two directions) by the Chinese. What do I do about this? The tooltip says Kashmir's Sea Region is Bay of Bengal. If I put a fleet in the Bay of Bengal, will that help support the defence of Kashmir even though it's about 1000 miles inland?

Literally, there is nothing the player can do to influence land invasions in any way.  As an admiral, we control the fleets, the AI general controls the army.  100% pure chance.

I wish there was a way for our fleets to provide bombardment support by being nearby or by deploying amphibious marine forces to help invade or defend provinces next to water.  But alas, it is not so.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, o Barão said:

This is not true. You can disrupt the enemy logistics.

X4mJshR.jpg

Which is extremely difficult if the enemy has limited colonial holdings such as Germany or France who both get up to 100% very easily, especially France since their Jeune Ecole strategy means they have nine billion tiny ships you need to hunt down and sink one by one, when in reality you would be able to cut off local reinforcement and resupply through dominating the nearby sea region.  For example, the combination war plan and thought exercise of War Plan Red done by the USA pivoted entirely on their ability to cut Canada off from British forces by dominating the sea regions around it, forcing the Royal Navy to actively deploy to counter.  Which of course the British knew they wouldn't be able to do and planned to just amputate Canada to save the rest of the Empire.  At minimum we need the ability to blockade an overseas region to reduce the army level there over time, especially if attacked.

Edited by SpardaSon21
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

From what I could observe and deduct:

Army combat power = troops number * army budget * convoy efficiency government bonus

On top of that, amphibious invasion force would also recieve:

combat multiplier = support fleet tonnage / minimum required tonnage

Thus, stacking support fleets can help a lot when fighting major nation with higher GDPs.

Also, enemy defense fleet inside support mission circle will increase minimum required tonnage

Typically I would blockade a country and go ape in demolishing their transports.. Aka blockade every port and put multiple fleets out in every naval arena that could sink all transports.  This will drop a countries supply efficiency.  Does it guarantee beating them?  No but every little bit helps.  Also, yes I stack as much as I have available for every land invasion but to be honest I dont feel like it really makes a difference.