Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v11.4 - for UAD v1.5.1.6

o Barão

8 minutes ago, HMS Implosive said:

For some reason the war has no effect on anyones ralations with anybody, including Germany that is supposet to be my ally.

This should not happen. I multiplied by X10 the relations penalties.

tension_vs_enemyofally,50,Extra tension caused for enemies of ally,,,,,,,

It is 5 in stock game.

This should happen when a Germany fleet is in the same sea region with a fleet from your enemy. Was that the case?

Another question. When you start a new war, you get an event message with the diplomatic relations changes for both nations in relation to all other nations in game. You did get that message?

6 minutes ago, o Barão said:

This should happen when a Germany fleet is in the same sea region with a fleet from your enemy. Was that the case?

Ok, so apparently entire Kriegsmarine somehaw has manages to stay in different ocean with Marine Nationale. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Another question. When you start a new war, you get an event message with the diplomatic relations changes for both nations in relation to all other nations in game. You did get that message?

Unfortunately I cant remember. I remember I was especially looking forward to check out that specific message but, I can't remember if it didn't appear or if I just accidentally clicked that off.

I'll update what happens when another war starts or when the Germans finally wander to French waters.

• Like 1

I'm having an issue with the mod, I followed the instructions exactly as stated but when I go to create a design the game will not show a hull and if Im on a hull that is missing the game will not allow me to switch to another hull. Im not sure if this just from the mod being out of date of some sort since I downloaded it tonight but any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, TK3600 said:

How does realistic accuracy compare to current 1.5.1.1?

It should be very similar to the previous version. Not exactly the same since I was forced to edit all the values to work with the new devs changes, but close enough that most players will not notice a difference.

@Fangoriously just a quick update. I already tested, and the mod files doesn't interfere with the MP DLC. So is all good.

And the MP DLC also have a resource.assets files that can be edited, so maybe there is the possibility for both players fighting battles using mods.

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

@Fangoriously just a quick update. I already tested, and the mod files doesn't interfere with the MP DLC. So is all good.

And the MP DLC also have a resource.assets files that can be edited, so maybe there is the possibility for both players fighting battles using mods.

Good, beter then I thought then, this is gunna be a trip if we can pvp other mod users.  I haven't had time to even look at a video game for 3 days I need to check if I even got a beta invite when I get home.

What happened to arcade 3x higher accuracy? Just redownloaded this mod for v1.5.1.1 (from v1.5.1.0) and I just watch ships shooting but missing 99.99% shots

Is it working as supposed? It says last modified 19 april in google drive

14 hours ago, CodedPandi said:

I'm having an issue with the mod, I followed the instructions exactly as stated but when I go to create a design the game will not show a hull and if Im on a hull that is missing the game will not allow me to switch to another hull. Im not sure if this just from the mod being out of date of some sort since I downloaded it tonight but any help would be greatly appreciated.

o7!

The issue happens in custom battles, shared designs or in the campaign?

I assume you deleted the previous designs before installing the mod?

If possible, share a screenshot.

The current mod version is updated to work with the latest game version. You can see what is the mod version and the game version will work by reading the first line in the game news in the game menu.

15 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

Good, beter then I thought then, this is gunna be a trip if we can pvp other mod users.  I haven't had time to even look at a video game for 3 days I need to check if I even got a beta invite when I get home.

oh cool, my code is invalid lmao

4 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

oh cool, my code is invalid lmao

The code is to be applied on Steam and not the game. Are you doing this way?

7 hours ago, TK3600 said:

Do you know how game speed acceleration is modded? I would like to know how to make game go 30x regardless of bugs.

I am almost sure that is internal game code and not available to us by editing the resource.assets file.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 9:54 PM, HMS Implosive said:

I'll update what happens when another war starts or when the Germans finally wander to French waters.

Update: The war has started -popup works as usual.

However, I have over 11 years of ingame time (1890 start), about half of wich has been war going on, got grand total of two "fleets affect bilateral relations" popups, each case being something like -7 to relations of two nations. It seems like mere presense of the allied and enemy fleet on the same sea doesn't always tricker the event. Do they maybe need to be in each others denial zones to have an effect?

Update update: At least finally USA, my another ally joined the war with me. So far all good, I guess.

Edited by HMS Implosive

21 hours ago, Maros said:

...and I just watch ships shooting but missing 99.99% shots

Arcade accuracy is atm x2 the hit rate. x3 was too much in a previous version, and some players ask to nerf this value.

If you get a situation where your ships are not hitting anything, share a screenshot for me to look at where I can see the chance of hitting. You can do this by hovering the mouse above the target or above your main guns. Both situations will show the data I am interested to see.

5 hours ago, o Barão said:

Arcade accuracy is atm x2 the hit rate. x3 was too much in a previous version, and some players ask to nerf this value.

If you get a situation where your ships are not hitting anything, share a screenshot for me to look at where I can see the chance of hitting. You can do this by hovering the mouse above the target or above your main guns. Both situations will show the data I am interested to see.

Yeah its that 3x accuracy change to 2x. Played it too much on 3x and now everything feels off, every fight ends under 4km

sorry i know this is not related to the mod but what lines do i need to change to revert the speed needed to kill transports in port strikes i tried evrything even made 36 kn battle cruisers to try and catch them and even my 42 kn destroyers are not killing any

20 minutes ago, Lucky Kadono said:

sorry i know this is not related to the mod but what lines do i need to change to revert the speed needed to kill transports in port strikes i tried evrything even made 36 kn battle cruisers to try and catch them and even my 42 kn destroyers are not killing any

If I understood correctly, you want to be able to build faster ships? If that is the case, go to "shipTypes" and you will find these two modifiers for each ship class speedMin,speedMax

But as a warning, the same rules apply to the AI, so it is possible to see the AI building crazy fast ships and not having displacement for armor or other things.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, o Barão said:

If I understood correctly, you want to be able to build faster ships? If that is the case, go to "shipTypes" and you will find these two modifiers for each ship class speedMin,speedMax

But as a warning, the same rules apply to the AI, so it is possible to see the AI building crazy fast ships and not having displacement for armor or other things.

i may try that but no i want to more make it like the old port strike that my slow ships can still do damage  to defenceless ports cause ports dont move and im not after their transports guess with the info you just told  me i can just set the max transports speed to something like 20 kn if that works. also thanks for the fast reply

2 hours ago, Lucky Kadono said:

...no i want to more make it like the old port strike that my slow ships can still do damage  to defenceless ports cause ports dont move and im not after their transports...

Ok, so if you want to increase the damage against the port's infrastructure, go to "params" file and look for these modifiers:

port_damage_factor,0.1,How much damage is dealt in successful Port Strike missiions modifier,,,,,,,
port_damage_max_threshold,0.25,Max % of Port Damage in Port Strike mission,,,,,,,

But as a side note, this is the same as in vanilla game. I never edited these modifiers.

If you want to change the battle conditions, then you can go to "battleTypeEx" and look for Portstrike missions. It seems there are some versions that have transports. But again, those values are the same as vanilla. My only changes in that file are only related to subs and ambush battles.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

@o Barão Nick intimated to me that the MP client would crash if we tried to use a modified resources file. But if you would like to test that hypothesis at some point give me a shout 😇

I already tested against the AI to see if it was possible, and it worked. Against other players we will need to use the servers so it can be different, but if both players are using the same mod maybe it will work.

For me, is a test that needs to be done. 😁

• Like 4

BETA v10.9.4 - "Shells & Ballistics rework" update - N.A.R. changelog:

• Updated to UAD 1.5.1.1 Optx3

IMPORTANT: In two weeks, I will go to make a long trip for the next 3 months, so don't expect me to be available every time there is an update from the devs to update the mod. I strongly suggest for anyone interested in using the mod to block steam updates.

• Set game to update when start game. Do this in game setting(properties)-> update.
  • Don't start game by steam or steam shortcut. Make a shortcut on desktop from the main game .exe  in this location: "....\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts.exe"
  • Start a game from this shortcut. Game will run without update.

-----   Important   -----

Do not report any bug to the devs if you are using this mod. They are not responsible for the changes I made to the game.

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v10.9.4 - "Shells & Ballistics rework" update - for UAD v1.5.1.1 Optx3