Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.9.1 "Major Powers update"

o Barão

NAR streamlined the installation procedure to make it easier and avoid possible user errors:

1) Set the game language to be in english or german (unofficial, courtesy from @Patriot-d-H)

2)Backup if you wish but move or delete this files from this location: C:\users\(user)\Appdata\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

• custom_battle_data.bin
  • mission_data.bin
  • save_x.bin
  • The reason behind this, is the many changes to the game files will make all your designs impossible to work with the mod.

3) Go here and follow the instructions if you still don't have the melon loader installed or the most recent version of TweaksAndFixes.Dll. Don't forget to add a 👍 in the page to show your support to Nathan brilliant work.

4) Download all NAR mod files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lgxYZ6NM3NBrLl6sYqOrxVj2ayrkXBBh

• Extract the downloaded file using unrar or another similar program.
  • Move the content inside from the folder extracted to the "Mods" location created when installing the MelonLoader.
  • It should be here: C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Mods

• Like 1

8 hours ago, o Barão said:

And it is not unless you are seeing something strange in your game.

Sorry, my english's not good enough, so I don't fully understand. q.q ... I would understand that democracy Germany shouldn't have that flag?

Edited by Peksern

1 hour ago, Peksern said:

Sorry, my english's not good enough, so I don't fully understand. q.q ... I would understand that democracy Germany shouldn't have that flag?

What I am saying is that Germany have 2 flags to represent the democracy state. One for the government and another for the navy. You will see both inside the "flags" folder. You will also see them in game by playing with Germany between 1920-1930. Impossible to miss.

Edited by o Barão

7 hours ago, o Barão said:

NAR streamlined the installation procedure to make it easier and avoid possible user errors:

1) Set the game language to be in english or german (unofficial, courtesy from @Patriot-d-H)

2)Backup if you wish but move or delete this files from this location: C:\users\(user)\Appdata\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

• custom_battle_data.bin
  • mission_data.bin
  • save_x.bin
  • The reason behind this, is the many changes to the game files will make all your designs impossible to work with the mod.

3) Go here and follow the instructions if you still don't have the melon loader installed or the most recent version of TweaksAndFixes.Dll. Don't forget to add a 👍 in the page to show your support to Nathan brilliant work.

4) Download all NAR mod files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lgxYZ6NM3NBrLl6sYqOrxVj2ayrkXBBh

• Extract the downloaded file using unrar or another similar program.
  • Move the content inside from the folder extracted to the "Mods" location created when installing the MelonLoader.
  • It should be here: C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Mods

Updated German language file

Click here to download

If you have any suggestions or changes, please contact me!

Greetings

• Like 3

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

What I am saying is that Germany have 2 flags to represent the democracy state. One for the government and another for the navy. You will see both inside the "flags" folder. You will also see them in game by playing with Germany between 1920-1930. Impossible to miss.

Okay. They have the Reich Flag (which I don't want to screenshot here, not sure if it's allowed), even though they are a Democracy. But the nationalist party is governing with about 60%. Is that why they show the Svastika instead of black-red-yellow stripes?

13 hours ago, Peksern said:

Okay. They have the Reich Flag (which I don't want to screenshot here, not sure if it's allowed), even though they are a Democracy. But the nationalist party is governing with about 60%. Is that why they show the Svastika instead of black-red-yellow stripes?

It works as intended then. Both communist and fascist regimes act as "democracy" from the game standpoint - they have elections, can be outvoted peacefully and so on. Yeah, I know, weird gamedesign. 

Iam having an issue recently on my weaker PC that the game takes 30min plus to create a campagin and will never finish and most likely crash.   Even after 30+ mins it hasnt simulated more than 6-7 Month.

tried to start campaign in 1910

Specs on this PC are i7 8700, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070

Specs on the PC i dont have issues with: 7950x3D, 64 GB RAM, RTX4080 full capaign creation is done in around 10~ mins

playerlog is uploaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pmsmkRZCVCUjPjMVNg7e4t-3LlWuMBNX/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, sploitz said:

just started a game from 1900 and it created the campagin in around 10 mins....no issues...so disregard my other comment

The higher the ship design complexity, the more the AI will struggle to get a good ship design.

In that case I recommend to start the campaign in 1890. It will be much quicker.

41 minutes ago, Lamb Chop said:

There are 2 distinct penetration files in the mod download.

xlsx and csv

I am assuming we are supposed to delete the xlsx?

I am not 100% sure the TAF ignores the xlsx

Yes. The csv is what matters. I thought I already had cleaned all non important files from the cloud. 😒

I'm having trouble with refits. Even though I have clicked "upgrade mark" and the models in the constructor update, whenever I do the refits, the guns do not increase in mark on the ships in battle. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Very annoying that my older ships are stuck with Mark 2's and such while my new ones are being built with Mark 4's. 

16 minutes ago, kittenz said:

I'm having trouble with refits. Even though I have clicked "upgrade mark" and the models in the constructor update, whenever I do the refits, the guns do not increase in mark on the ships in battle. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Very annoying that my older ships are stuck with Mark 2's and such while my new ones are being built with Mark 4's. 

You are using an old Taf DLL.

23 minutes ago, TheRealBismarkl said:

Can you add back the secondary towers with the funnel space for the Germans? How am I supposed to make my H class BBs lol

Never. You will have more luck in asking the devs to add the real H-class secondary tower.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sploitz said:

Iam having an issue recently on my weaker PC that the game takes 30min plus to create a campagin and will never finish and most likely crash.   Even after 30+ mins it hasnt simulated more than 6-7 Month.

tried to start campaign in 1910

Specs on this PC are i7 8700, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070

Specs on the PC i dont have issues with: 7950x3D, 64 GB RAM, RTX4080 full capaign creation is done in around 10~ mins

playerlog is uploaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pmsmkRZCVCUjPjMVNg7e4t-3LlWuMBNX/view?usp=sharing

This is a known issue and not related to the Mod but rather core to UAD.   The next version of UAD is supposed to fix this and as @o Barão already stated NAR is not comparable with the new beta for that new version.  

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

This is a known issue and not related to the Mod but rather core to UAD.   The next version of UAD is supposed to fix this and as @o Barão already stated NAR is not comparable with the new beta for that new version.  

I already read the patch notes and the devs are fixing the issue by releasing a pre made ship pack. There is no changes in how ships are made by the AI.

I am planning doing the same with the shared design feature. 

Obvious comment being obvious, but the new beta breaks the mod, doesn't load with Melon-Loader, obviously expect to wait for the full release of it before the mod is updated for it.  Rather excited about the optimization of loading times and campaigns since NAR now with double the nation count gets very slow later on.