Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.9.1 "Major Powers update"

o Barão

4 minutes ago, Peksern said:

They all seem to stuck on "ladder aiming", even on less than two kilometers range.

Try "fire at will". You are not in an storm battle in 1890 right?

Edit: By the way, that can also be a vanilla bug, but don't report to the devs.

Edited by o Barão

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Try "fire at will". You are not in an storm battle in 1890 right?

Eh, no. It was a clear skies battle at 1909 or something. 🤔 Enemy was able to fire too. What do you mean with Fire at will?

Edit: After reload bug seems to be gone. Still...strange situation where I wonder why that happened anyway

Why not report to the devs? And: Thanks for this quick answer! ❤️

Edited by Peksern

Wars kinda feel like massive dogpiles with so many nations. By the time you complete one war, three other nations have declared war on you. Feels impossible to get peace as a minor nation.

This is also with paying off France, the US, and Germany for a long time. 

image.thumb.png.db879c09a7604a744ff67575ea906068.png
image.thumb.png.d5d6be3746a1fb734678e1f4b7d18ab6.png

Edited by Sir David Green

3 minutes ago, Sir David Green said:

Wars kinda feel like massive dogpiles with so many nations. By the time you complete one war, three other nations have declared war on you. Feels impossible to get peace as a minor nation.

This is also with paying off France, the US, and Germany for a long time. 

image.thumb.png.db879c09a7604a744ff67575ea906068.png
image.thumb.png.d5d6be3746a1fb734678e1f4b7d18ab6.png

That is interesting, a total war experience. Is it possible to actually say that "I lost a campaign in UAD" now? 😁

Now the diplomatic relations in NAR I am using this modifier:

tension_vs_enemyofally,50,Extra tension caused for enemies of ally,,,,,,,

where in vanilla game is only 5

This was important in the past to see if I could make the allies enter the war and behave, well like allies. But now with 17 nations ingame can be too much.

However I need to mention to use all the tricks in diplomacy before entering an war. If you have a positive difference between you and the nation you want to attack with the other remaining nations ingame, when the war starts you will gain positive relations from all nations in game, where your enemy will be hated by almost everyone. So it is possible to trick the game mechanic to work in your favor and not against you.

By the way, you are seeing land wars, I suppose from France in your campaign?

• Like 3

I think Chile should have The port of Iquique and Punta Arenas and territory divided at least in 2 regions. Also Argentina should have La Plata, Comodoro Rivadavia and Ushuaia ports and their territory subdivided at least in 3 regions. also Brazil should have their territory divided in at least 4 regions. thank you...

21 minutes ago, o Barão said:

That is interesting, a total war experience. Is it possible to actually say that "I lost a campaign in UAD" now? 😁

Now the diplomatic relations in NAR I am using this modifier:

tension_vs_enemyofally,50,Extra tension caused for enemies of ally,,,,,,,

where in vanilla game is only 5

This was important in the past to see if I could make the allies enter the war and behave, well like allies. But now with 17 nations ingame can be too much.

However I need to mention to use all the tricks in diplomacy before entering an war. If you have a positive difference between you and the nation you want to attack with the other remaining nations ingame, when the war starts you will gain positive relations from all nations in game, where your enemy will be hated by almost everyone. So it is possible to trick the game mechanic to work in your favor and not against you.

By the way, you are seeing land wars, I suppose from France in your campaign?

I only border France colonially, mainly from land I stone from the Spanish. But neither France nor the UK has launched any land wars. I suppose the real test would be to let Germany declare war on me.

Also yeah, I didn't realize that accepting Portugal as an ally would spiral me into an infinite war and be unable to un-ally Portugal because they're in a perpetual war 😧

Edited by Sir David Green
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir David Green said:

I only border France colonially, mainly from land I stone from the Spanish. But neither France nor the UK has launched any land wars. I suppose the rest test would be to let Germany declare war on me.

Also yeah, I didn't realize that accepting Portugal as an ally would spiral me into an infinite war and be unable to un-ally Portugal because they're in a perpetual war 😧

Those portuguese are damn bastards. :D

I see that Portugal is at war with Spain. There was a land invasion in Iberia?

1 minute ago, o Barão said:

Those portuguese are damn bastards. :D

I see that Portugal is at war with Spain. There was a land invasion in Iberia?

No land invasions whatsoever anywhere, for some strange reason.

Also I'm noticing that sometimes nations offer peace, and when you click agree nothing happens. I think it might have something to do with agreeing to peace and then moving your fleet away from them?

1 minute ago, Sir David Green said:

No land invasions whatsoever anywhere, for some strange reason.

Also I'm noticing that sometimes nations offer peace, and when you click agree nothing happens. I think it might have something to do with agreeing to peace and then moving your fleet away from them?

Ok so there is an issue somewhere, can you upload your save?

BETA 2.1 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

• Improvements to all light cruisers designed by the AI to reach a good design faster.
  • Lowered the tension modifier to vanilla values to prevent eternal wars.

Files edited:

• params
  • parts
  • Like 4

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.1 "Major Powers update"

I suppose the functionality of the diplomacy system, and the tendency of the world to break out into several anarchic wars is backend stuff beyond the scope of the mod. I've really appreciated the past few updates, and your growing ambition - adding new nations for one thing! - so please keep up the good work.

3 minutes ago, DougToss said:

I suppose the functionality of the diplomacy system, and the tendency of the world to break out into several anarchic wars is backend stuff beyond the scope of the mod. I've really appreciated the past few updates, and your growing ambition - adding new nations for one thing! - so please keep up the good work.

"...beyond the scope of the mod"

It is. I can't do anything here, maybe @NathanKell can. I know the devs have an issue how wars and alliances mechanics works in game.

Around 2 Years ago, more or less, maybe you are going to remember. There was much whining about in the forums the fact the war ended because an ally accepted the peace treaty.

So the devs changed that mechanic, but now we have allies, but they will not enter in war against our enemies if they also have -100 relations with that nation.

It is a mess.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2024 at 6:58 AM, Elouda said:

Check that your antivirus isnt blocking some of the .dlls used by MelonLoader. I had the same issue until I figured that out and added exceptions.

Hello. I'm new to modding and I'm also unsure of how to enable exceptions to antivirus programs. If you can teach me how to enable these exceptions, I'd be thankful!

1 hour ago, Maximus Tyberius said:

Hello Baron, I'm Chilean, and graphic designer,  I offer my help and knowledge to help the development of this awesome mod.

If you know how to edit provinces borders that would be an amazing addition to the game since for some odd reason the devs decided to use post WWII borders as a foundation which makes it very strange to look at Germany or Austria-Hungary.

• Like 3

@Sir David Greenthanks for the save! I'll look as soon as I have a chance.

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

"...beyond the scope of the mod"

It is. I can't do anything here, maybe @NathanKell can. I know the devs have an issue how wars and alliances mechanics works in game.

Around 2 Years ago, more or less, maybe you are going to remember. There was much whining about in the forums the fact the war ended because an ally accepted the peace treaty.

So the devs changed that mechanic, but now we have allies, but they will not enter in war against our enemies if they also have -100 relations with that nation.

It is a mess.

Yeah I can look into that.

47 minutes ago, o Barão said:

If you know how to edit provinces borders that would be an amazing addition to the game since for some odd reason the devs decided to use post WWII borders as a foundation which makes it very strange to look at Germany or Austria-Hungary.

Those are going to be data in the asset files I think. There's a borders TextAsset (that, like everything else to do with the map, isn't actually loaded) so the borders are baked into the gameobject prefabs that make up the map. I can take a peek at that and see if there's a reasonable way for us to edit them, because yes, the devs basically just took Google Maps data and used it (there's comments to this effect in the assets, IIRC).

• Like 3