Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.9.1 "Major Powers update"

o Barão

14 minutes ago, HMS Implosive said:

I mean, currently 16" mk 1, 2 and 3 look like british guns, but mk 4 and 5 look American. I was wandering why only these two guns are American, making them look like they don't belong there (see the picture).

image.thumb.png.98edd7c751993c8ca9be10f88108e902.png

I just noticed. thanks! There is an error in the editing.

• Like 1

BETA 1.0.8 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

• HAL 9000 learned today that using double barrels on destroyers if available is a good thing.
  • Fixed an issue with the 16" Chile guns.
  • Changed the 15" Chile guns british model for the Germans model

Files edited:

• params
  • partsmodel
  • shipTypes
Edited by o Barão
  • Like 5

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 1.0.8 "Major Powers update"

Still having issues with getting the mod to work after several reinstalls of both the full modpack + tweaks and fixes. The full ship designer works. However when I try and start a Dutch play through itll start loading january 1916, etc, and it will go all the way through till october 1916. However along the way it will always freeze and not respond. With no new red errors in the Melonloader, the only red is a long list of errors regarding the English.lng file but those happen on boot. Like I said, ive done full reinstalls of everything so I know its all up to date, mod file is there tweaks are there. Not sure what to do next. 

[17:16:29.267] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 3420 `$technology_name_projectile_shell_1;Maximum HE Rounds for Main Guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.268] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 3421 `$technology_name_projectile_shell_2;Increased HE Rounds for Main Guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.268] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 3428 `$technology_name_projectile_shell_10;Maximum AP Rounds for SecGuns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.272] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5361 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_1;-50% AP Shells, +50% HE Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.273] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5362 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_2;-25% AP Shells, +25% HE Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.273] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5363 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_3;Standard AP/HE Shells Ratio for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.273] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5364 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_4;-25% HE Shells, +25% AP Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.274] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5365 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_5;-50% HE Shells, +50% AP Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.274] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5366 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_6;-50% AP Shells, +50% HE Shells for sec guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.274] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5367 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_7;-25% AP Shells, +25% HE Shells for sec guns` is a duplicate key

5 hours ago, Wareagle said:

Still having issues with getting the mod to work after several reinstalls of both the full modpack + tweaks and fixes. The full ship designer works. However when I try and start a Dutch play through itll start loading january 1916, etc, and it will go all the way through till october 1916. However along the way it will always freeze and not respond. With no new red errors in the Melonloader, the only red is a long list of errors regarding the English.lng file but those happen on boot. Like I said, ive done full reinstalls of everything so I know its all up to date, mod file is there tweaks are there. Not sure what to do next. 

[17:16:29.267] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 3420 `$technology_name_projectile_shell_1;Maximum HE Rounds for Main Guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.268] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 3421 `$technology_name_projectile_shell_2;Increased HE Rounds for Main Guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.268] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 3428 `$technology_name_projectile_shell_10;Maximum AP Rounds for SecGuns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.272] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5361 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_1;-50% AP Shells, +50% HE Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.273] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5362 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_2;-25% AP Shells, +25% HE Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.273] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5363 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_3;Standard AP/HE Shells Ratio for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.273] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5364 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_4;-25% HE Shells, +25% AP Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.274] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5365 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_5;-50% HE Shells, +50% AP Shells for main guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.274] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5366 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_6;-50% AP Shells, +50% HE Shells for sec guns` is a duplicate key
[17:16:29.274] [TweaksAndFixes] Error loading language file English.lng, line 5367 `$technology_desc_projectile_shell_7;-25% AP Shells, +25% HE Shells for sec guns` is a duplicate key

i thought tweaks and fixes were already in the mod ?

Folks, to try to diagnose issues I require:

(a) a copy of (you UAD folder)\MelonLoader\latest.log

(b) a copy of %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\player.log

Without those files, I can't help diagnose.

Edited by NathanKell
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 4:21 PM, LobstaMan said:

I've followed all the instructions, it's not working. Not like there's a grey screen or it's loading infinitely or something, but I'm not seeing the update screen, the mod isn't being registered at all despite me putting the csv files in the mods folder and following the instructions. This is really annoying because there's no additional instructions, there's nothing I've missed that I can see, it's just that MelonLoader isn't picking up these files at all, just the TweaksAndFixes.dll file, which is also in the mods folder as instructed

This is what's going on, I don't know jack about coding and whatnot so I dunno what to read to tell me what's wrong, but everything that was in the downloaded mods folder has been placed in the game's mods folder

DesktopScreenshot2024_09_09-02_15_20_57.thumb.png.7af5b327096e54f5a94a81c687a19c57.pngDesktopScreenshot2024_09_09-02_14_37_26.thumb.png.c50b8e29d0a0a79e66652e850d324420.pngDesktopScreenshot2024_09_09-02_14_31_97.thumb.png.5f3681e503e11069487d422f7513a06a.png

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 3:17 AM, spinaker said:

There were several oddities in the conversion of ships. Mk1 guns, when upgraded to Mk2 at the shipyard, change back to Mk1 in battle.

I am going to need more information on how to reproduce this problem in the save you sent @o Barão. I loaded the save you sent and it immediately gave me a battle featuring a variety of refit ships. They all successfully had Mk2 guns according to their tooltips. I checked the save file and that was what was encoded in their turret data by my code, so I am confused where the problem is.

32 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

I am going to need more information on how to reproduce this problem in the save you sent @o Barão. I loaded the save you sent and it immediately gave me a battle featuring a variety of refit ships. They all successfully had Mk2 guns according to their tooltips. I checked the save file and that was what was encoded in their turret data by my code, so I am confused where the problem is.

I also don't know. That save file is from another player. He mentioned that the game failed to recognize the weapons that were upgraded in battle and that also he did some editing to the file.

Now if you don't see any issues, ok good. 

If others players report the same thing I will request them to send the save file. 

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Мне понадобится дополнительная информация о том, как воспроизвести эту проблему в сохраненном файле, который вы отправили @o Barão. Я загрузил отправленное вами сохранение, и оно сразу же показало мне битву с участием множества переоборудованных кораблей. У всех них успешно были пушки Mk2, согласно подсказкам. Я проверил файл сохранения, и это было то, что было закодировано в данных их башни моим кодом, поэтому я не понимаю, в чем проблема.

replied in a personal message

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

I also don't know. That save file is from another player. He mentioned that the game failed to recognize the weapons that were upgraded in battle and that also he did some editing to the file.

Now if you don't see any issues, ok good. 

If others players report the same thing I will request them to send the save file. 

Yep, I quoted the other player. I only tagged you because the save got sent to you and you forwarded it to me. :D

@spinaker I have not received any personal message from you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Да, я процитировал другого игрока. Я отметил вас только потому, что вам было отправлено сохранение, а вы переслали его мне. :D

@spinaker Я не получал от вас никаких личных сообщений.

Sorry, I probably didn't press the send button.

On 9/8/2024 at 10:21 AM, The ArduousMoth said:

Are you the mod dev? if so, can I please have some help?  I have done everything (I think) is right but the mod doesn't load in the game at all.

(I will just like to mention that I am autistic and struggle with things at times.  Any help would be amazing, but could you perhaps add in additional steps so I can understand it better? like breaking it down for me)

image_2024-09-08_082137160.png

Check that your antivirus isnt blocking some of the .dlls used by MelonLoader. I had the same issue until I figured that out and added exceptions.

10 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Folks, to try to diagnose issues I require:

(a) a copy of (you UAD folder)\MelonLoader\latest.log

(b) a copy of %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\player.log

Without those files, I can't help diagnose.

Where would be the best place to send these folders? both the player log and mellon loader are too long for a single screen shot and the web doesnt allow text documents. 

45 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

Are naval invasions and/or land invasions disabled in this mod? 

o7 @admiralsnackbar

AI naval invasion were increased and are working.

I still didn't had the chance to test a land war against a neighbour faction. Are you having issues with that?

Edited by o Barão

1 minute ago, admiralsnackbar said:

So I have been able to do naval invasions. I haven't see any red arrows anywhere (1890-1903).  

But there are wars between nations sharing the same frontier? If that is the case please upload your save file.

BETA 2.0 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

ZJO9kFg.jpeg

---Part I---

• Implemented AI calibers limit for most ships so it is easier for the AI to get a good design. As an example, not wasting time in a fail design because the 20" gun doesn't fit in the superstructure.
  • Implemented AI beam and draught limits to design better ships and quicker. Special note for semi dreadnoughts with the main guns in a diamond layout. (1905-1915)
  • Lower the guns requirements for the AI to get a sucessful design quicker.
  • An important modifier value in the params was changed. It was responsible for the AI to fail to get ships with pair guns close to each other. An important detail in diamond layout main guns.
  • Disabled the new scrap mechanic. I found that was responsible for the game loading freezes around 1940.
  • Flotilla leader comical hull size fixed.

h3wP488.jpeg

---Diamond layout example(AI design)---

The loading times should be noticeble faster now. What it took around an hour to start 1940 campaign, should be around 40 minutes now.

Note, this is part I, I will continue to work on the AI for the next days to improve loading times and get in general better designs.

Don't forget to download "TweaksAndFixes" DLL most recent version.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.0.0 "Major Powers update"
11 minutes ago, PalaiologosTheGreat said:

Do you have to do this for each hull? That's some hard work...

507 hulls to be exact.

I am working like a madman trying to figure what can be improved and what was causing the issue for the AI to fail to get a good design sometimes and instead got stuck in a looping.

The good thing, I learned important things in the last days. The bad news is there are many hulls that needs special attention. Change some values, open the game, go to the shipyard to run some tests and then go back and repeat the process until the AI is capable of doing what I want.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 5

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.0 "Major Powers update"

Fighting my first battle since the introduction of the alpha mod version. None of my ships are firing. Neither battleships nor cruisers nor destroyers. They all seem to stuck on "ladder aiming", even on less than two kilometers range. 

I am actually pretty sure I installed the mod (currently v1.0.7) and nathans tweaks and fixes as intended.

Edited by Peksern