Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.9.1 "Major Powers update"

o Barão

Started my game as the Dutch, don't know if this is a bug or if crew pool is limited by population. But even with max crew training I have no one joining the crew pool.

I have currently:

Home State Population - 86,285
Other Population - 49,177,560

image.thumb.png.69b22262cfa73c5e2fe3a458a698604c.png

Edited by Sir David Green

16 minutes ago, Sir David Green said:

Started my game as the Dutch, don't know if this is a bug or if crew pool is limited by population. But even with max crew training I have no one joining the crew pool.

I have currently:

Home State Population - 86,285
Other Population - 49,177,560

image.thumb.png.69b22262cfa73c5e2fe3a458a698604c.png

Home state of only 86k? That would explain why. 

I will take a look. Thanks.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sir David Green said:

So crew pool is determined by home population? 

Crew pool and army. 

You will also get some army from your colonies but a much smaller %.

Edited: auto correct spelling on android sometimes gives funny results :D

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

BETA 1.0.4 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

ipXihN3.jpeg

• Dutch Empire home state population fixed.
  • Removed the rebellion chance from east and west greenland. It was very silly to watch those provinces rebelled and win only with one soldier. Must be Chuck Norris from the poles.:D

Note: Needs a new campaign.

Files edited:

• provinces
  • params
  • Like 4

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 1.0.4 "Major Powers update"
8 minutes ago, spinaker said:

There were several oddities in the conversion of ships. Mk1 guns, when upgraded to Mk2 at the shipyard, change back to Mk1 in battle.

@NathanKell something important to take a look.

Can you upload your campaign file? Can be important for Nathan to take a look.

• Like 1

I'm loving the mod so far.

there's just a couple of minor issues I have noticed

Greece kingdom should be changed to Kingdom of Greece

Brazil Republic should be Brazilian Republic

although Greece can be difficult to play financially I find that with the tiny starting funds you Can not build enough ships to upset the ottomans and as a result your relations improve and the threat from a larger nation disappears possibly giving the player a little more starting funds may fix this.  

15 minutes ago, rossi191 said:

Greece kingdom should be changed to Kingdom of Greece

Brazil Republic should be Brazilian Republic

It will be updated! :)

16 minutes ago, rossi191 said:

although Greece can be difficult to play financially I find that with the tiny starting funds you Can not build enough ships to upset the ottomans and as a result your relations improve and the threat from a larger nation disappears possibly giving the player a little more starting funds may fix this.  

No need. Just provoke them with diplomaticy and you already start with bad relations with them. You can also try to ally with russia 1890 to see if they can help you.

This images was from my Greece campaign.

dUoZSbu.jpeg

dMParxt.jpeg

xTFOJxY.jpeg

I also manage to get a BB which helped a lot. Sadly I made the terrible mistake of leave my only port without protection in the first month, the Ottoman navy came and destroyed part of the infraestructure, and now I don't have a port big enough for my fleet.😭 Interesting challenge.

BETA 1.0.5 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

• Kingdom of Greece and Brazilian Republic names updated.
  • Increased the torpedo damage against Tbs and DDs.  A 15" torpedo hit against a small TB does not mean that it will be fatal but sure will heavily damage the boat.

No need to start a new campaign to see the effect.

Files edited:

• params
  • players
  • shipTypes

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 4

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 1.0.5 "Major Powers update"
4 minutes ago, Lucky Kadono said:

no more english file?

The installation procedure was updated to make it easier. No need to place the English in the game files. The English file now comes inside the MODS folder and you don't need to do anything. 

Just extract the mod files and place them inside MODS folder and you are ready to go. 😉

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, o Barão said:

The installation procedure was updated to make it easier. No need to place the English in the game files. The English file now comes inside the MODS folder and you don't need to do anything. 

Just extract the mod files and place them inside MODS folder and you are ready to go. 😉

understood thankyou for your work man o7

could never play this game with out the mod

• Like 1

BETA 1.0.6 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

• Increased the naval invasion chance for the AI nations.

Since the 1.0 v that I was using a custom value for USA to see what would be the impact in the gameplay. I liked what I saw so now I applied the same to all the other nations. Some have an high value like Japan, others like Brazil a small value to better represent what happened in the time period.

The world should feel more alive. Report to me if you are seeing too much naval invasions.

Files edited:

• params
  • aiPersonalities

Note:I don't know if it needs a new campaign or not.

• Like 6

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 1.0.6 "Major Powers update"

I'm unable to get the Mod to work. Getting the following in red from Melonloader.

[13:26:22.870] [TweaksAndFixes] HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method null
 ---> System.ArgumentException: Undefined target method for patch method static bool TweaksAndFixes.Patch_Ship_c::Prefix_GenerateRandomShip_b__566_13(Il2Cpp.ComponentData c, Single& __result)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.PatchWithAttributes(MethodBase& lastOriginal)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException(Exception exception, MethodBase original)
   at HarmonyLib.Harmony.<PatchAll>b__11_0(Type type)
   at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T](IEnumerable`1 sequence, Action`1 action)
   at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll(Assembly assembly)
   at MelonLoader.MelonMod.HarmonyInit() in D:\a\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\Melons\MelonMod.cs:line 40
   at MelonLoader.MelonEvent.<>c.<Invoke>b__1_0(LemonAction x) in D:\a\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\Melons\Events\MelonEvent.cs:line 174
   at MelonLoader.MelonEventBase`1.Invoke(Action`1 delegateInvoker) in D:\a\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\Melons\Events\MelonEvent.cs:line 143

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, huntsc said:

I'm unable to get the Mod to work. Getting the following in red from Melonloader.

[13:26:22.870] [TweaksAndFixes] HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method null
 ---> System.ArgumentException: Undefined target method for patch method static bool TweaksAndFixes.Patch_Ship_c::Prefix_GenerateRandomShip_b__566_13(Il2Cpp.ComponentData c, Single& __result)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.PatchWithAttributes(MethodBase& lastOriginal)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException(Exception exception, MethodBase original)
   at HarmonyLib.Harmony.<PatchAll>b__11_0(Type type)
   at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T](IEnumerable`1 sequence, Action`1 action)
   at HarmonyLib.Harmony.PatchAll(Assembly assembly)
   at MelonLoader.MelonMod.HarmonyInit() in D:\a\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\Melons\MelonMod.cs:line 40
   at MelonLoader.MelonEvent.<>c.<Invoke>b__1_0(LemonAction x) in D:\a\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\Melons\Events\MelonEvent.cs:line 174
   at MelonLoader.MelonEventBase`1.Invoke(Action`1 delegateInvoker) in D:\a\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\MelonLoader\Melons\Events\MelonEvent.cs:line 143

Maybe you are using an old version of "TweaksAndFixes" DLL?

@o Barão
Unfortunatlely I'm also unable to test the mode: different versions of melonloader either keep causing errors in gameassembly.dll or Windows error 0xc0000005.
Recently I've got more negative response from my mates facing same troubles.

So is it possible in the near future  to see a "vanilla-style" installation with modded game files (resources.assetts etc...) not a bunch of libraries some PCs are unable to adress properly.

I've followed all the instructions, it's not working. Not like there's a grey screen or it's loading infinitely or something, but I'm not seeing the update screen, the mod isn't being registered at all despite me putting the csv files in the mods folder and following the instructions. This is really annoying because there's no additional instructions, there's nothing I've missed that I can see, it's just that MelonLoader isn't picking up these files at all, just the TweaksAndFixes.dll file, which is also in the mods folder as instructed

1 hour ago, huntsc said:

Reinstalled several times no luck getting to run. This included new downloads "TweaksAndFixes" DLL and mod.

Let's try from the beginning.

• Melon loader you already have installed.
  • You place the TweakAndFixes DLL inside the new "Mods" that you will see in this location:C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • You go to the NAR mod link and will download the "Mods" folder
  • The file will in zip file so you will need to use unrar or a similar program to extract the content.

tPda84h.png

Open the new Mods folder

f3rVOQk.png

Inside you will see a new "Mods" folder

Now you can move that folder to the game location or you can open that folder and move or copy all the files inside to "Mods" location: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Mods