Game-Labs Forum

Campaign Lost, Despite Winning Every War

Sandermatt

I was winning every war I was in (see on the right side). All wars fought listed are victories. Naval prestige is high. Suddenly the campaign was over and I have no idea why. I also do not now why a loosing number of victory points was shown on the left as the head to head was positive all the time for every war I fought.

Does anybody know what happened here?

Edited by Sandermatt

This is a guess based on my observations and experiences, if someone knows definitively please correct me.

The numbers on the left, your 374k as the Germans vs the 519k the Russians have is the likely reason.  I used to think those where the VPs of two alliances going head to head, but now I believe those numbers are the VPs of all wars fought by your nation up to that point.  As you can see on the left, even though you are winning the current war against Russia as seen on the right, they are far outpacing you in VPs in total.

Knowing this, you probably fell too far behind all the other nations in VPs, thus ending your campaign.

13 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

This is the bug where the war score box isn't tracking your war. It's tracking every war, ever, by everybody else and you. If you start off on the wrong side of that box, you lose. End of story.

If you're referring to left-top box...

I thought it's a carryover from the very first campaign map where there were only two nations and two sides, then later the 'second map iteration' with five nations but still only two sides. Now there're 10 nations and multiple wars (multiple sides). The code is so robust that no bugs manifested, so it remains, un-updated, and still representing one of the second iteration nations and displaying a two-sided war (nuts). 

If you're lucky and playing one of the second iteration nations, it might represent you, but if you're one of the final nations or it doesn't pick your nation, then it's useless.

But again, I think it's the robust code keeping it active but still meaningless (to the player).   

Edited by Skeksis