Game-Labs Forum

2inch CIWS + mega dreads

Sapphire

Well, after a few hours of testing I've finally created a CIWS platform.

These 2 inchers can spray out over 883 RPM with triple barrels, due to the designers needing to apply high-tech technology, the weight of these is massive. No normal TR, TB, or DD can mount these monsters, only the largest vessels of your navy can. Their major disadvantage is their lack of ammo and the weight of the gun system. Which limits how many you can mount and your ammo count for them. 🚨AI can use these also!!!! 🚨

Features:  

• 2-inch guns are now practically a CIWS system (Requires MK5 2 inch)
  • The weight of 2-inch guns is massive for balance reasons 
  • 2 inchers lack a large ammo count to save your PC 
  • Max dreadnought hull with casemates have their tonnage increased to 90k tons 
  • Features my mega mod https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/40460-mega-mod/

Known issues: 

• Major fps drop when having a ton of these (Use common sense and don't spam them xd)

To install: download the file, go to your (Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data) folder and copy this file and click replace. (If you want to easily revert make a backup of resources.assets first!) Any bugs you encounter do not report to the devs instead feel free to leave a comment or ping me on the UAD official discord server Sapphire#0616

To uninstall: Delete the resources.assets file and replace with a backup or delete it and verify through steam

Download link here:  https://dl.orangedox.com/7L8irf6NHyCVJCMlAu

PS. You can see them in action here: 

Edited by Sapphire
  • Like 5

Do you think you can make guns that are below 2 inch to be auto cannon? Idk how much you can modify the numbers but something along the line if the 2inch gun is modified to be below 2inch, the reload gets better? Would be great to see the german 20mm AA guns and 40mm bofos guns. Right now, the reload for guns like 37mm just don't represent auto cannon even with 1940 tech.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:58 PM, ColonelHenry said:

Do you think you can make guns that are below 2 inch to be auto cannon? Idk how much you can modify the numbers but something along the line if the 2inch gun is modified to be below 2inch, the reload gets better? Would be great to see the german 20mm AA guns and 40mm bofos guns. Right now, the reload for guns like 37mm just don't represent auto cannon even with 1940 tech.

I could but due the lack of pen 1 inchers get there isn't much point as even with HE spam they aren't worth the loss of FPS they'll cause.

Edited by Sapphire

On 10/5/2022 at 9:04 PM, Dave P. said:

This is hilarious. Love it!

Is there a way to make the Mk1-4 2" guns the original weight and just have the Mk5 be massive/balanced? At earlier tech levels they're still my preferred secondary, especially for CAs.

This was exactly my question because i use 2 inchers to balance my ship out sometimes if my weight offset is just a little to far one side. 

ALSO: do you think you will at some point make mods that make certain items almost weightless god destroyers and upload them for s&gs? just asking becase i would like to see a campaign with ai and player duking it out with universe destroying weapons systems.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:04 PM, Dave P. said:

This is hilarious. Love it!

Is there a way to make the Mk1-4 2" guns the original weight and just have the Mk5 be massive/balanced? At earlier tech levels they're still my preferred secondary, especially for CAs.

Currently, the mod only effects MK V 2 inch guns 

On 10/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mundus_Dog said:

This was exactly my question because i use 2 inchers to balance my ship out sometimes if my weight offset is just a little to far one side. 

ALSO: do you think you will at some point make mods that make certain items almost weightless god destroyers and upload them for s&gs? just asking becase i would like to see a campaign with ai and player duking it out with universe destroying weapons systems.

I might edit the weight of tech for the new mod I'll be working on in a month or two.  It's unlikely I'd do this to the 8 inchers as there isn't much a point besides for giggles