Game-Labs Forum

One way to win

Punisher_1

So I'm kind of pissed that the campaign mode is not functional. 

I tired various tactics and no matter how many enemy ships I sink the enemy simply makes more ships , targets my transports and the game is over. You can win 90% of the battles, lose only cheap ships , have massive victory points over the enemy, no matter.  I find that really kind of boring. 

So how do you win.

Make lots of cheap ships. Flood the sea and well that is it. Economic victory every time. 

This totally negates the reason to design ships that are awesome versus the Quantity is Quality of it's own mentality. 

Beyond that you cannot attack or blocked, specifically attack trans ports and the like. Where are the subs, mins, commerce raiders, armed transports? ect?   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Punisher_1 said:

I tired various tactics and no matter how many enemy ships I sink the enemy simply makes more ships , targets my transports and the game is over. You can win 90% of the battles, lose only cheap ships , have massive victory points over the enemy, no matter.  I find that really kind of boring. 

So how do you win.

Make lots of cheap ships. Flood the sea and well that is it. Economic victory every time. 

This totally negates the reason to design ships that are awesome versus the Quantity is Quality of it's own mentality. 

Beyond that you cannot attack or blocked, specifically attack trans ports and the like. Where are the subs, mins, commerce raiders, armed transports? ect?   

*Sigh*... basically every post since you have arrived here, you have been complaining and moaning about the exact same things in different ways. Practically everything you have said (and keep saying) we already know. The campaign is nowhere near done. This is literally version 1.0, and they have said that consistently. It isn't their or our fault if you did not read before you bought.

Right now the campaign exists just to tweak the most basic systems, which we have seen from hotfixes v.92-v.99. I expect the next real update will add some actual movement mechanics and task groups on the campaign layer, which will drastically change things for the better and alleviate many of your concerns. In the meantime, I suggest waiting and enjoy Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

Also, you quite obviously have no understand of the meaning of EARLY ACCESS

I got a three wheeled car with 50 horsepower and a leaking radiator to sell you, low low price of 60 thousand USD.

Don't worry I promise to fix it later, its just an 'early access car'. New business model which is totally not intrusive on the customer! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

I got a three wheeled car with 50 horsepower and a leaking radiator to sell you, low low price of 60 thousand USD.

Don't worry I promise to fix it later, its just an 'early access car'. New business model which is totally not intrusive on the customer! 

From Steam:

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

What part of "...game is not complete..." didn't you understand?

If you offer that car of yours with only 3 wheels and a leaking radiator as such with a promise to _maybe_ fix it later and I buy it, then that's totally on me.

If, on the other hand, you offer that car as a working, perfectly fine car, then _you_ would be in court for it.

Since the game was in no way, shape or form offered as a finished product, you don't have a leg to stand on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

Since the game was in no way, shape or form offered as a finished product, you don't have a leg to stand on. 

Fine print is fine print, nobody has ever treated it seriously and nobody ever should.

Did you know that in some countries like Australia, if a product is not 'of acceptable quality' you are guaranteed a refund, replacement or repair? Rather literally 'muh early access' can get you thrown in prison for customer FRAUD in some places. For good reason.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThatZenoGuy said:

Fine print is fine print, nobody has ever treated it seriously and nobody ever should.

Well dear sir you can BELIEVE that all you want, but that's not the way the world works. All this head-in-the-sand "la la la la la I can't hear you" doesn't change the facts. Australia is literally the world's outlier physically and mentally. I mean, are you trying to argue that the game isn't early access, or shouldn't be "allowed" to be early access? What are you trying to suggest to @The_Real_Hawkeye?

Edited by Littorio

On 12/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, Littorio said:

*Sigh*... basically every post since you have arrived here, you have been complaining and moaning about the exact same things in different ways. Practically everything you have said (and keep saying) we already know. The campaign is nowhere near done. This is literally version 1.0, and they have said that consistently. It isn't their or our fault if you did not read before you bought.

Right now the campaign exists just to tweak the most basic systems, which we have seen from hotfixes v.92-v.99. I expect the next real update will add some actual movement mechanics and task groups on the campaign layer, which will drastically change things for the better and alleviate many of your concerns. In the meantime, I suggest waiting and enjoy Christmas.

Sigh.... ou fan boi and well that is useless at best. Fan Boi's do not fix a game or offer useful feedback they simply do nothing at all. 

Early access is a lame excuse. People play the game find issues post them and if was "as intended" we do not know or maybe they simply will not change it at all. Or they "have no idea or planned this is how it will be" See you don't know and I do not know. So you dropping in here slapping your dick jerkers on the key board to do nothing but fan boi is useless, from now on scroll past my posts because you have never offered anything but fan service so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

@Littorio Good question.

To be honest, I think I'll heed the age-old internet advice of "don't feed the troll" from here on out.

Well troll yourself into a corner... Seems reading over you two fan girls posts are nothing but rebuttals to other people posts. Sure you have a hand ful of "well I dont get why this is not working posts" But that is it. Nothing critical or man this is really broken or does not make sense posts. Like the other guy his posts are just nothing but spamming the forum 5 to 10 posts a day replying to people with excuses. 

So I'm not trolling I'm offering feedback..... you two are nothing more than chatty hens clucking about the forums with nothing better to do. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:05 AM, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

1143319510_VictoriesBritish.thumb.jpg.74658d5b7a21a33a8dd6587af981ede0.jpg

1774862896_VictoriesGermany.thumb.jpg.5821f92f68b6b51d047fe5227cca2965.jpg

Yep, fighting by sinking the enemy's ships is completely impossible [rolls eyes]

Also, you quite obviously have no understand of the meaning of EARLY ACCESS

I don't wanna sound mean but those are trash stats. You have one decent game out of the entire bunch.

It's sort of sad you even posted them. I kill more transports in two or three turns than you did the entire campaign. Heck I've killed more Enemy ships in a couple of missions than you did in some of the campaigns. The fact you screenshotted them like some sort of trophy makes me wonder about your mental health or what you feel is a significant victory. 

1 hour ago, Punisher_1 said:

I don't wanna sound mean but those are trash stats. You have one decent game out of the entire bunch.

It's sort of sad you even posted them. I kill more transports in two or three turns than you did the entire campaign. Heck I've killed more Enemy ships in a couple of missions than you did in some of the campaigns. The fact you screenshotted them like some sort of trophy makes me wonder about your mental health or what you feel is a significant victory. 

and yet you cant win the game.... so seems like hes doing it better :D

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 12/26/2021 at 6:04 PM, Punisher_1 said:

Sigh.... ou fan boi and well that is useless at best. Fan Boi's do not fix a game or offer useful feedback they simply do nothing at all. 

Early access is a lame excuse. People play the game find issues post them and if was "as intended" we do not know or maybe they simply will not change it at all. Or they "have no idea or planned this is how it will be" See you don't know and I do not know. So you dropping in here slapping your dick jerkers on the key board to do nothing but fan boi is useless, from now on scroll past my posts because you have never offered anything but fan service so far. 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, Punisher_1 said:

Well troll yourself into a corner... Seems reading over you two fan girls posts are nothing but rebuttals to other people posts. Sure you have a hand ful of "well I dont get why this is not working posts" But that is it. Nothing critical or man this is really broken or does not make sense posts. Like the other guy his posts are just nothing but spamming the forum 5 to 10 posts a day replying to people with excuses. 

So I'm not trolling I'm offering feedback..... you two are nothing more than chatty hens clucking about the forums with nothing better to do. 

Fan boy? I have been critical of a number of things about the game since Day 1 of me actually joining this forum (setting aside how I had routinely lurked on here without joining over the past 2 years precisely because I thought they had not yet proven enough development progress to warrant interest and getting involved), namely: weather, the spotting mechanics, and how opaque the transport system in general is, among other things - lack of refits, ill-defined armor schemes and internal component placement, etc. But you see, unlike you, I quickly surmised that most of these issues have been stated as "WIP" by the devs on their to-do list. You can whine and yell for days on end (as you clearly do for everyone to see) all you wish, but that isn't going to make them work any faster.

It's perfectly legitimate to raise unnoticed issues loudly so that the devs finally notice them, but beyond that happening, especially given we haven't even had another major patch yet in which to see exactly what they will address, is just shrill, entitled, idiocy. You're basically acting like a bleating goat croaking about the same things we and the devs already have noted. They are not immune to criticism, but you aren't adding anything new to the discussion. Let's see how their beta patch gets officially released, and then go from there based on what progress has been made on various systems and bugfixes.

The reason @The_Real_Hawkeye and myself aren't flooding the forum multiple times a day with "Nothing critical or man this is really broken or does not make sense posts," as you call them, is because we are waiting to see what happens in the full knowledge that 99% of your issues are already noted by multiple people and/or devs. For implying that I have nothing better to do but be a "clucking hen" on the forum is rich coming from you, given the word vomit you spew 24/7 and the obvious amount of time you spend writing these things and calling out all and sundry. Also, I distinctly remember you using your purported age and alleged experience as some kind of argument "gotcha" on here, and yet ironically you usually come off like a whining, entitled, immature child, rather than a reasonable adult. I would advise having more patience, and whining less, or otherwise do what I suggested when I first challenged you on this forum, delete the game and don't come back.

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, Danelin Aruna said:

and yet you cant win the game.... so seems like hes doing it better :D

Eh WTF are you talking about? Won several yet don't give a hello kitty to screen shot them, like it means something? I'm also testing out aspects of the game like different fleet set ups to figure out how the campaign works. Laughably you have to lie and be a little twat about it. 

Edited by Punisher_1

@Punisher_1 You know, I've really tried to be polite with you before and was holding back, but now you're just being absolutely ridiculous. You make zero sense with your replies and have no logical rebuttal to anything. Your arguments are the equivalent of children going: "You did it!" "Nuh-uh, YOU did it!" I'll now show how much of a moron you have been:

14 hours ago, Punisher_1 said:

Eh WTF are you talking about? Won several yet don't give a hello kitty to screen shot them, like it means something? I'm also testing out aspects of the game like different fleet set ups to figure out how the campaign works. Laughably you have to lie and be a little twat about it. 

So you're trying to counter @Danelin Aruna by claiming you have won many campaigns but "don't give a 'hello kitty'" (whatever the hell that means) to document them. Yet, here's what you said at the beginning of YOUR OWN POST:

On 12/24/2021 at 1:24 AM, Punisher_1 said:

So how do you win.

"Pissed" - "campaign mode is not functional" -  "Game is over" - "how do you win" This doesn't sound like someone happy with the game and themselves. You literally made this entire post to bitch about the campaign being difficult to win how you feel you should be able to achieve it. Therefore, it is natural for Danelin to question you calling out @The_Real_Hawkeye for his "trash stats" as you say, since by your own admission you have had trouble even getting to the victory screen.

On one hand, you are starting all this by complaining that the game is illogically difficult, and then when confronted by victory stats from other players, you turn around and go "Haha hahaha jk jk guys, I'm actually pretty good and have better stats than you, I just didn't record them hahahah!"  Quite the dichotomy you are presenting. There is no logical consistency to stand on here.

14 hours ago, Punisher_1 said:

@Littorio Yes you do a fine job at stalking the forums every day aaaand that was the point. 

Case in point #2 - Again, as I stated before, this is incredibly, ironically rich coming from you, considering you are on here every other day with some new post bitching and moaning about an aspect of the game. Each and every one is some little thing that we already know and have already covered/is being actively worked on. Yet, you continue to blather about, clogging up the forum with your whiny, self-entitled garbage, with either an unironic, supreme lack of self-awareness, or the sincere belief that your approach is actually helpful.

"Hear me, hear me, hear me! Why isn't anyone listening to me?" That's you right there, and there is a reason few people pay attention to what you are saying. You don't couch your terms in the best way, and even in the few cases where I was actually going to agree with some point of yours, it's already been noted before so many times I don't see the purpose in piling on to beat a dead horse.

And just to cap it off for point #3, you can't actually create a rebuttal to ANY of the points I brought up, and just make some idiotic accusation of me "stalking the forums," whatever that means. Even putting aside a comparison to what YOU do on here, what bearing would my frequency of activity or a lack thereof have on my points above? You can't counter anything because you have no argument but childish insults and infantile "gotchas."

In short, you argue like a child and for someone seeing SO MANY game-breaking issues, you appear to keep playing and posting about it more than the rest of us. Why is that? If it truly is that bad, set it aside, but we know you won't, because what will you to bitch and moan about everyday then? For an "old wise man" as you alluded yourself to be elsewhere, you sound like a teenager and have comparable logical abilities.

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 3