Game-Labs Forum

Appears that Flash Fire chance does not take into account lack of shells.

Played a game and all the main guns, secondary's were out of ammo so I closed in the the four 3" casemate guns at half ammo and got flash fired.   I take it the game does not take into account number of shells used for flash fire chance, or what ammo is exploding. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Nice discovery. I hope Dev’s can work in a scaling factor that diminishes flash fire chance based on ammo stock, like something that ends up with zero chance with zero ammo.

Could base reductions on yellow and red ammo stock markers too e.g. at yellow mark = -50% chance, red mark -75%, zero ammo -100%. 

Yeah, as long as it is gradual.

It would be weird if a ship with 74% of its ammo had a 50% flashfire and one with 75% had a 25% flashfire.

But I agree with your ideas. 

On 5/16/2021 at 6:54 AM, GRIM_REPAIR said:

Played a game and all the main guns, secondary's were out of ammo so I closed in the the four 3" casemate guns at half ammo and got flash fired.   I take it the game does not take into account number of shells used for flash fire chance, or what ammo is exploding. 

Make sure to bring increased shells, especially to big ship battles. If the enemy isnt severely cripped by now, that ship is essentially useless.

Edited by Stormnet

On 5/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, GRIM_REPAIR said:

Admirals, 

This is a known lacking feature, we will do it in the future according to our priorities