Game-Labs Forum

Skeksis

I would hope that the new mechanics mention also include something like a "deployment phase" or something like that.

Because I frankly would avoid placing the same formation on both side of another one like the plague.

It only leads to chaos in the fleet.

If we can deploy our fleet, this issue can be resolve at least for the player.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, Skeksis said:

There’s something else in this video that’s very very very important…

Saving during battles.

For CCs, 30 minute videos seems about a good mark for uploading and stopping video’s. While they can cut an original longer version, this doesn’t seem to be the practice for most. They’re actually playing multiple games and recording each in episodic stages.

For us it’s day to day interruptions that causes us to stop playing (like sleep!) and we have to save our progress. And given the fire rate of early weapons, those early all-in battles are going to take quite some time to finish, actually any battle with 100 ships, even with time compression. And I suspect that we’ll be playing like TortugaPower (as in the video) and micromanaging most ships to win with best results, making battles comprehensive, time consuming.

Saving during battles must be as paramount as saving campaigns. 

Yeah, that is a problem on big fleet battles.

The AI cowardice doesnt help either. I've had a fleet vs fleet pre-dreadnought battle where both fleets have 1 Pre-Dread, 3 Armored Cruisers, and 7/8 CLs. The problem was, the AI just sends 2/3 grunts at a time. Combined with pre-dread innacuracy and slow speed, you have a long battle, and the fleet is not even that large.

Edited by Stormnet

• 2 weeks later...