Game-Labs Forum

HMS God Save the King - A evolution of HMS Agincourt

I was trying to build a Super-Agincourt but I couldn't fit more than 5 center-line turrets on there.

So I decided to try and fit as many turrets as possible.

1656861784_Screenshot(88).thumb.png.ef6d73e13423eaf64c7db1e76bd3726c.png

It is recommended to play either 'Rule Britannia' or 'God Save the King' to maximize the amount of tea you can dispense.

P.S. I really love what you can do with this game XD

• Like 3

Really not love how much more there is of what you can't do than what you can...
An observation, literally every time someone tells a story of their design in UAD, it mostly consists of "I wanted this and that, but arbitrary designer limitation won't allow me, so i applied more clowns"

Edited by Cpt.Hissy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tousansons said:

The game should first let us build Dreadnoughts before fantasy floating fortresses with guns.

We need some form of limitations.

Yeah... But this is an actual dreadnought that we cant build due to said limitations. This isnt just for the fantasy ships, its for actual designs.

Anyways, we already have tonnage constraights. Several big gun turrets on small hulls would result in a poorly armored, slow vessel, besides being less advanced.

Hull size and shape also limits where and how many turrets we can place.

Also, we already have monster BBs (that are still limited by tonnage requirements). What if i want to make a normal BB with lots and lots of small 9 inch guns?

What determines how powerfull our ships can be are the hulls. While balancing tonnage on components is important, you cant stick a 20" on a heavy cruiser.

So we already have constraights, no need to limit our freedom of choice with simple numbers.

Edited by Stormnet

2 hours ago, Tousansons said:

The game should first let us build Dreadnoughts before fantasy floating fortresses with guns.

We need some form of limitations.

That's the thing, some limitations actually prevent you from using real life solutions and force you to build fantasy boats.

This here may be not the best example with how weird Agincourt was, but there's plenty. Try Wyoming class for example, or HMS Dreadnought herself.
Or well, anything conceptually different from the ships that were dissected to produce in-game parts.
Or try to properly reproduce good half of those.

Edited by Cpt.Hissy

• 2 years later...