Game-Labs Forum

Ramming?

jokash

you can ram by using manual rudder control (the slider) which overides every movement order. atleast the last time i rammed it worked this way.

ramming isn't really a viable tactic at the moment as how the damage is calculated is very strange. 

I tried, even manual rudder doesn't override collision avoidance's breaking. If a ship is capable to stop fast enough it will do so. Maybe a trick with going past the target until last moment and steer towards it (thus triggering collision avoidance too late for it to stop) may work.

1 hour ago, Cpt.Hissy said:

I tried, even manual rudder doesn't override collision avoidance's breaking. If a ship is capable to stop fast enough it will do so. Maybe a trick with going past the target until last moment and steer towards it (thus triggering collision avoidance too late for it to stop) may work.

And that’s how the game should do it, by manually adjusting both the rudder and speed, then the auto helm and collision avoidance's are both is disable. Some sort of flag should pop up to show so, maybe clicking on that flag to reengage. 

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1