Game-Labs Forum

CA-B

Shaftoe

21 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

What a bizarre article. It has a lot of accurate information on the CA-B project, but then it goes off the rails and starts making unverified claims about weight and armor reductions. I sure wish there were sources posted. Pretty sure the first half of the essay is derived from Friedman's US Cruisers. The second half... looking at some of the other articles posted on that site, I think it's made up.

3 hours ago, disc said:

What a bizarre article. It has a lot of accurate information on the CA-B project, but then it goes off the rails and starts making unverified claims about weight and armour reductions. I sure wish there were sources posted. Pretty sure the first half of the essay is derived from Friedman's US Cruisers. The second half... looking at some of the other articles posted on that site, I think it's made up.

Their writing it in a way as if the ship was actually built and went through many proper design stages, its for peeps who want realistic info for a ship that never existed either built or design, but isn't in the form of a bland academic essay entirely.

Plus it's weegee any who plays their games for historical accuracy makes me laugh too be honest, its a multiplayer game first and foremost designed for min-maxing profits and historical ships don't make them as much money plus cost them more to make (getting blueprints, access, any other funds for the information, along with making the model, designing it etc.)

They used to have a thing for historical accuracy but when they saw how big their games got, they quickly abandoned that idea altogether.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

I wish UA:D had the stuff (hulls, components, weight balance) to make this possible:

I wish designer to be more like LEGO and less like model kit. Pre-arranged superstructural gun placement is killing me 😒

Edited by IronKaputt
  • Like 5

On 10/8/2020 at 7:26 AM, IronKaputt said:

I wish designer to be more like LEGO and less like model kit. Pre-arranged superstructural gun placement is killing me 😒

Tell me about it. I'm not even sure it's a good model kit either. See my complaints about gun/turret/barbette sizes or how some mounting points (on light cruisers mostly) aren't even usable due to being out of bounds.