Game-Labs Forum

Ship Alarms

CapnAvont1015

Ok so this is probably going to be a thing after the campaign has dropped but just wanna talk about. So I'm pretty sure when a ship is caught on fire or flooding alarms will start sounding. So in game I was thinking that when ever the ship your riding is on fire or flooding different alarms will sound for each one until the fire or flooding stops. You can also add some visuals outside the ship showing alarms blinking while they're active. It'll make the player feel more involved. Another alarm I would like to hear is a torpedo alarm. Now I don't know if they had torpedo detection alarms back then but if a ship has Sonar equipped players will a ping when the torpedo his spotted and as it gets closer. Not only this is nice for feeling more involved it also alerts the player of torpedo's incase the they missed the indicator on screen. One last alarm I would love to see is a General Quarters alarm. Now GQ if added would most likely be used only in the campaign or when a ship is spotted. GQ alarms are very important in Naval Warfare.  I feel adding alarms is kind of necessary for making the game feel more realistic but let me know about what you think about it.

• Like 4

It's a cool idea. But you have to ask yourself if your in a huge battle would it be practical? Say a torpedo is being launched would it give the alarm for 1 ship or all ships near the spread? Also would the alarm for fire continue throughout the fire and process of putting it out or would it just alert you to the fire? I dont know about you but in a medium sized battle it could get pretty annoying with all the alarms you would be hearing. 

34 minutes ago, TotalRampage said:

It's a cool idea. But you have to ask yourself if your in a huge battle would it be practical? Say a torpedo is being launched would it give the alarm for 1 ship or all ships near the spread? Also would the alarm for fire continue throughout the fire and process of putting it out or would it just alert you to the fire? I dont know about you but in a medium sized battle it could get pretty annoying with all the alarms you would be hearing. 

Well and correct me if I'm wrong ships that your not controlling already try to dodge torpedo's they're spotted so I'm sure the alarm will only heard on the ship your riding or following. As for how long the alarm will last they could make that the alarms sound only for a few seconds after the fire or flooding has started and only on the ship your riding because I know if you heard alarms from all ships it would be annoying. But if the alarms become to much of an annoyance they can always make it you can turn them of the settings.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Well and correct me if I'm wrong ships that your not controlling already try to dodge torpedo's they're spotted so I'm sure the alarm will only heard on the ship your riding or following. As for how long the alarm will last they could make that the alarms sound only for a few seconds after the fire or flooding has started and only on the ship your riding because I know if you heard alarms from all ships it would be annoying. But if the alarms become to much of an annoyance they can always make it you can turn them of the settings.   

Fair when it comes to noise alarms and such i'm more of the less is more category because I usually notice things without needing an alarm but personal preference. So an option to limit it would be nice if they improve upon it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, CapnAvont1015 said:

Ok so this is probably going to be a thing after the campaign has dropped but just wanna talk about. So I'm pretty sure when a ship is caught on fire or flooding alarms will start sounding. So in game I was thinking that when ever the ship your riding is on fire or flooding different alarms will sound for each one until the fire or flooding stops. You can also add some visuals outside the ship showing alarms blinking while they're active. It'll make the player feel more involved. Another alarm I would like to hear is a torpedo alarm. Now I don't know if they had torpedo detection alarms back then but if a ship has Sonar equipped players will a ping when the torpedo his spotted and as it gets closer. Not only this is nice for feeling more involved it also alerts the player of torpedo's incase the they missed the indicator on screen. One last alarm I would love to see is a General Quarters alarm. Now GQ if added would most likely be used only in the campaign or when a ship is spotted. GQ alarms are very important in Naval Warfare.  I feel adding alarms is kind of necessary for making the game feel more realistic but let me know about what you think about it.

First, I think the alarms would be nice.  Say if you are viewing the enemy it lets  you know, hey fool torps on way, or flooding, (maybe change direction to offset flooding).  That would be a great MOD.  I would assume a simple sound MOD would take care of that.  Over all it would be a realistic addition for in-depth play emersion.  I would DEFINATELY add that MOD.

Russ663

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 8:18 PM, CapnAvont1015 said:

So I'm pretty sure when a ship is caught on fire or flooding alarms will start sounding. So in game I was thinking that when ever the ship your riding is on fire or flooding different alarms will sound for each one until the fire or flooding stops.

Until we'll have some damage control minigame, some single alarm on ship you currently control for atmosphere would probably be enough for me, or it may become really irritating really quick.

Another alarm I would like to hear is a torpedo alarm.

Now that alarm should yell all the way.

@Cptbarney proposed some poi-mod for dat and me likey 😁

One last alarm I would love to see is a General Quarters alarm.

Positively love the idea.

Some horns would also be nice to hear. And, of course, AA sirens in the future.

UPD: collision alarm (video title is misleading)

Edited by IronKaputt
  • Like 1