Game-Labs Forum

What´s the deal now with the Ocean, compared to the Santi?

Holm Hansen

Question

Actually i remembered that the santi had more firepower but the ocean was more stable, here in the game. ... and it was good and well balanced that way - nobody thought that anything need to be changed there.

Now i compared these two and found that the santi has become better than the ocean in almost all areas, except for the 50 less crew.

Has it been like this for a long time? And is it the intention to create a new meta ship?

Also, it´s not historically accurate either, the santi had less displacement than the ocean despite a higher number of guns. Additional, the santi was also an example of a ship that was difficult to sail, whereas the ocean was known for its good sailing properties. - here in the game the opposite: santi higher turn rate and even less heel (and this is very unlikely with a ship built in height, in terms of weight)
(however, i am not asking for historical accuracy, but for reasons of balancing)

Ocean_Santi.jpg

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 2

5 answers to this question

this is not due to the ship but due to the rebalancing of the guns
this has nothing to do with the ship.
the ocean has always been a better ship.
the relapse is caused by the guns.
therefore you have the feeling that the santissima does not come into its own compared to the ocean, the rebalancing of the guns has resulted in a greater difference in the use of certain ships and whereby the old values have become far apart with the current use and feeling of a certain ship.  you will have to adapt to the current interpretation of the total picture of the use of a certain ship.

it is what it is 

Actually First rate are all good compare to old day.

Santi is Hp ship with very good firepower but bad wind angle and need more time for react

Ocean got the good hull make him can angle better than santisima  and got the more crew , and can use 36 pd , who are very good (lit less dmg and penetration for better reload and less crew needed)

Victory got less crew of the 3 , but best hull angle and thikness , but less hp and the 68 pd on top deck

1st rate meta is good actually

Edited by Lt Sekiro
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lt Sekiro said:

Santi is Hp ship with very good firepower but bad wind angle and need more time for react

Ocean got the good hull make him can angle better than santisima  and got the more crew , and can use 36 pd , who are very good (lit less dmg and penetration for better reload and less crew needed)

Victory got less crew of the 3 , but best hull angle and thikness , but less hp and the 68 pd on top deck

Yes, i had the same impression. But i'm not sure whether these numbers are new or have been valid for a longer time. So there are many changes that have not yet been reflected in our impressions. Because some numbers say something different.

Additional to this, some things may have changed with the new thickness-penetration ratio, especially the hull shape advantage for the ocean.

Edited by Holm Hansen

On 9/12/2020 at 12:15 PM, Lt Sekiro said:

Admittedly i haven‘t played for a while and i’ve never had been a good pvp-guy, but aren‘t the hp of the Victorys mast top sections a problem in pvp?

Comparing the values of the 1st rates by using na-map.netlify i see that the Vic only has about 1/3 of the other ships top mast hp - thus dismasting that section seems highly propable to me.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

12 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Admittedly i haven‘t played for a while and i’ve never had been a good pvp-guy, but aren‘t the hp of the Victorys mast top sections a problem in pvp?

Comparing the values of the 1st rates by using na-map.netlify i see that the Vic only has about 1/3 of the other ships top mast hp - thus dismasting that section seems highly propable to me.

Not really , cause its very hard to aim for top mast.
Top mast meta was years ago.

Victory got the beau pre of all ship , make him very strong in pvp for slow ship

• Thanks 1