Game-Labs Forum

HELP! My privateer got stuck at open sea

amosblanco

Dear @Ink

I think this is a bug, and I have no way to get out of this situation now.

Here is how it happened. I sailed with my privateer today and captured a NPC trader snow near La Anguila (in the shallow area between Cayo del Sal and La Anguila)

After exiting from the battle to the open open, however, I found my privater can't move. The ship can turn, but the speed can't go above 0 knot/hour. Because of that I am stuck in the middle of the open sea right now. 

Here are the screenshoots

As the screenshots show (1) I have set my sail to "full" (2) I am at the position of "broad reach" (3) the privateer is a shallow ship and has no problem sailing in a shallow area, so as the trader snow that I have captured (4) my privateer has 60 crews, and other 13 were being assigned to the trader snow.

In a normal circumstances, I shouldn't be stuck here. The only possible explanation for that situation is I met a bug. 

Here are my guess why it happened: 

As the topleft of my screenshots show, one of my ships is overloaded. Since my privater is not overloaded, it was that captured trader snow. I clearly have memory that the trader snow has a lot of cargo goods, and since trader snow does not have much cargo space, being overloaded is a likely scenario. However, it might be the scenario that one can not have a overloaded ship under the fleet. Thus, I got stuck. 

I am happy to privode more screenshots if you need more information to check it out. 

Since I am not stuck in the middle of nowhere can can't do anything with it, I also ask if you can teleport me back to a friendly port (be it Cayo de Sal or Habana, I am playing Spain) before you investigate. If you know how I can get out of this situation, let me know ASAP. 

Thx.

20200725214928_1.jpg

20200725215001_1.jpg

The problem solved. I have just figured out how to manage my hold of my fleet ship through that grey slider. Many thanks to @Archer11 for giving instructions. 

But, from a realistic perspective, fleet ship should be able to at least move even if it's damaged and overloaded isn't it?