Game-Labs Forum

Salvo bug

Maybe this is a known issue. But when I play this is a very common bug. Almost every second time only one turret (main battery) fires and others (main batteries) are not. And I have to wait until that one turret reloads. This bug is very very annoying. And nothing blocks them because I fire them at full broadside.

• Like 2

Yeah, this has been a thing for ages. I know the first shot or so are ranging shots, but i've noticed that sometimes ships don't fire or turrets may fire in a werid sequence.

Having the ability to switch between different mode of fire like 'Salvo, Half, Stagger, Single, none' would help.

• Like 1

Oh yea, different shooting option is also important. 

This issue have to be solved, because we need every single turret to fire on the enemy ships in the campaign, because we can't allow that to wait until one turret reloads. Every second is important.

Also I checked my previous post about this issue (I wrote it few mobths ago), but no one answered.

• Like 1

I also encountered a similar bug, basically if you have a turret in a triple gun configuration, sometimes only two guns are firing, or maybe not exactly only two guns, but you can only see two shells coming out of the barrel instead of three.

But to be honest, it's actually a "good bug" because devs can use it to simulate shells being stuck in the barrel, I'm pretty sure this situation has it's own name (like Miss Fire, etc.) but I can't remind myself what was the name of it...

• Like 2

Just now, HusariuS said:

I also encountered a similar bug, basically if you have a turret in a triple gun configuration, sometimes only two guns are firing, or maybe not exactly only two guns, but you can only see two shells coming out of the barrel instead of three.

But to be honest, it's actually a "good bug" because devs can use it to simulate shells being stuck in the barrel, I'm pretty sure this situation has it's own name (like Miss Fire, etc.) but I can't remind myself what was the name of it...

If thats the case, i guess we could keep it in. Maybe in the report tab we could have 'BB Mis-fire in 15in turret 1' Or 'BB Barrel Jam in 15in turret 3' Or something along those lines to showcase, either the turret being jammed entirely, either individual barrels, or the guns mis-firing in general.

I think its the lack of trivial and smoll info we are missing, as peeps are interrupting most of this as bugs when they could be features but the lack of information makes it hard to designate this as such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miss-fire is a must in a realistic game. But it need some balance. What I mean is that an old tech gun will get a higher chance and a modern one will get a lower chance. So the mark 1 gun will be the most unreliable, but a mark 5 gun will be the most reliable.

• Like 1