Game-Labs Forum

Updates in Steam

Hi Guys,

I have transferred from backer Build to Steam.  I am very new to Steam and frankly don't know anything about it.  But my game is only updated to 7.5 something.  I see comments on 8.7.  How do I update on steam?

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MikeK said:

From a gameplay perspective, what is the difference between the 2 versions?  I have no need for more Steam goofs on my account. If UAS works a;pme/ alone.  words 

The beta branch provides access to an internal (latest) version of the game in development, once the update in beta branch is stabilized - it is deployed on the main version too.

So, if you want to try the latest version of game and do not afraid of meeting a bug or another in-game problem - you can try it. If you want to play the stable version, you can skip the beta branch and just wait till it released bug free

• 1 year later...

I have played Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail a good bit in its early version, beta or whatever you call it--the one that is distributed with xsolla (also Dreadnought, which I see is still listed with a release on Steam store of "TBA 2021." I also own UGCW and that one is fully installed in my Steam library.

So with respect to UAAS I have a directory in my Steam parent directory:

H:\\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail\Ultimate AdmiralAge of Sail

But the game does not show up in my Steam library page. Seems pretty obvious I have the pre-Steam version. What is not obvious is: how do I got about redeeming my "beta" version purchase into the Steam version?

I tried running the launcher to see if I could get to an options tab that had this automated, but the launcher spent literally an hour updating and patching and I turned it off.

20 minutes ago, pandakraut said:

You should have an email from xsolla that provides a steam key.

I have a couple emails from xsolla from Jan 2020, one of which includes a "Bonus DRM Free Key . . ." and  hyperlink to Download the Game, but it seems to be the xsolla verison.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:39 PM, Anthropoid said:

I have a couple emails from xsolla from Jan 2020, one of which includes a "Bonus DRM Free Key . . ." and  hyperlink to Download the Game, but it seems to be the xsolla verison.

Admiral, please contact me at ink@navalaction.com from the email address that was used to purchase the game