Game-Labs Forum

Who here besides Don Alvarez....

Don Alvarez

I think it's been a great show. I must admit I never watched nor read Treasure Island, but I still think it was foolish of them to, spoilers, attack the merchant ship in episode 2.2/X with, what did the Captain say? "31 men on that beach", plus himself, Silver, and the guy that was captain for a short time. Rather foolish, I think.

Ok just found a trailer online and I'm afraid it isn't a proper Pirate show. Can't be because they not be talking in the present tense with mummerset accents. Everybody be knowing Pirates always talks in the present tense. 1 pet allowed, parrot preferred. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKv5ulewTO4

Haven't watched any season 2 yet, but everyone says it's better. I thought the first season was heavy on fan service and lighter on naval combat/life than I'd have preferred but was definitely watchable. I was hoping for something more the quality of the History Channel show Vikings but it came closer than I was expecting.

It's a little dodgy and I really wanted to dislike this show, yet I still somehow watched it to the end of the first season. It's certainly watchable and enjoyable at times, hammy acting notwithstanding. It's worth a look atleast if you like the era and the naval scenes are generally well done.

1:08 oh dear, those ships.....  They're CGI, couldn't they at least TRY?

Compared to building the real thing CGI = Dirt Cheap. If I remember correctly they spent over £10 Million restoring The Trincomalee at Hartlepool.

It's a little dodgy and I really wanted to dislike this show, yet I still somehow watched it to the end of the first season

Watched the first one last night online. Ok you can pick holes in it but if you disengage the brain cells and just sit back to enjoy a good romp it is fun. I've seen a lot worse including Laurence Olivier playing Nelson whilst wearing a bloody eye patch... :P

Compared to building the real thing CGI = Dirt Cheap. If I remember correctly they spent over £10 Million restoring The Trincomalee at Hartlepool.

They should have contacted GL, all the ships in NA=CGI :P

They didn't try very hard.  One looks like a floating house the other has a wrap around balcony  :lol: