Game-Labs Forum

KapteinYuan

KapteinYuan

We Chinese people are really looking forward to see more real Chinese steamed ironclad ships in the late 19th century and ealy 20th century. There were world's first ironclad sea battles between China and Japan and the Battle of Yalu is real classics.

Sure it will draw numerous Chinese or Asian gamers if the team add that to the game.

Many thanks!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Honestly I was pleasantly surprised to see the Chinese empire being a playable nation. Of course due to the collapse of the dynasty and the civil war we won't get many proper dreadnoughts and modern battleships but it's still very good to see.

I think we can still give them generic hulls and what ifs regardless, makes me wonder if we had people just doodling designs or actuall tried to make various classes of ships (obviously never going anywhere).

I mean rule the waves has china now, and they can build similar-ish stuff to everyone else so it would be pretty cool too be honest. Plus i would like to see ping hai and ning hai represented in game at somepoint.

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Plus i would like to see ping hai and ning hai represented in game at somepoint.

I'm sorry. But it will not happen. Firstly, ping hai and ning ha requires the Yūbari hull. Which is missing in the game and after last hulls set it's lools unlikely to add ever.  And even if it is added to the game, then

N6K3Zhc.png

1 hour ago, TAKTCOM said:

I'm sorry. But it will not happen. Firstly, ping hai and ning ha requires the Yūbari hull. Which is missing in the game and after last hulls set it's lools unlikely to add ever.  And even if it is added to the game, then

N6K3Zhc.png

And? That doesn't mean you can't add the hulls in regardless for the chinese.

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

And? That doesn't mean you can't add the hulls in regardless for the chinese.

And ...vessel was underpowered, with three antiquated vertical four-cylinder triple-expansion steam engines... Yūbari is 1921 and in game triple-expansion steam engines already obsolete in 1906. And if you take turbines... well it will be not Ning Hai-class cruiser. Anyway, I doubt that developers will add to the game Yūbari hull. Just look what LC hulls they  already added.

5 hours ago, TAKTCOM said:

And ...vessel was underpowered, with three antiquated vertical four-cylinder triple-expansion steam engines... Yūbari is 1921 and in game triple-expansion steam engines already obsolete in 1906. And if you take turbines... well it will be not Ning Hai-class cruiser. Anyway, I doubt that developers will add to the game Yūbari hull. Just look what LC hulls they  already added.

I have the feeling many of the values in the game are very much placeholders.
By the time of a campaign I could easily imagine some tech penalties penalties for certain nations that may allow for that sort of a situation. 
Like probably China, Russia and Spain will have some difficulties keeping up with naval tech. Or hell maybe you could just have a larger focus elsewhere as the player, maybe having newer engines never became too much of a problem because of other areas of focus for your nation?

Point is I think there will be room for this sort of thing later on, but for now, yeah it isn't much of an option at the moment.

13 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

I think we can still give them generic hulls and what ifs regardless, makes me wonder if we had people just doodling designs or actuall tried to make various classes of ships (obviously never going anywhere).

I mean rule the waves has china now, and they can build similar-ish stuff to everyone else so it would be pretty cool too be honest. Plus i would like to see ping hai and ning hai represented in game at somepoint.

Oh for sure, I mainly meant historical hulls.

6 hours ago, Purgato said:

I have the feeling many of the values in the game are very much placeholders.

This.

6 hours ago, Purgato said:

By the time of a campaign I could easily imagine some tech penalties penalties for certain nations that may allow for that sort of a situation. 
Like probably China, Russia and Spain will have some difficulties keeping up with naval tech. 

China may be, the Chinese felt too comfortable in the Middle Ages. Russia and Spain? Spain had a constant lack of money and shipbuilding in Russia well...pretty suck at start. Not always, not every ship built. But before the Russo-Japanese War, the bad construction of ships did not particularly surprise anyone in the Russian Navy. 

I thought about how to make national features the most varied and interesting for the player. Japanese ( SURPRISE ATTACK  gaijins!111), Great Britain (Rule waves) and Russia (Jesus Christ, why do I have such large sea borders? This is because you a big girl, Russia). So, of course I added to Russia negative traits (like everyone else) but that was all but research.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Oh for sure, I mainly meant historical hulls.

ye, different nations will get access to different things plus not every nation will develop in the same way as well. Plus some nations may keep older tech for whatever reason.

8 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Plus some nations may keep older tech for whatever reason.

Why do we need such a thing as "obsolete"? Let me build my 100k Yamato using raw iron,  black powder and triple-expansion steam engines. This is a game, let me do stupid things.<_<

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TAKTCOM said:

Why do we need such a thing as "obsolete"? Let me build my 100k Yamato using raw iron,  black powder and triple-expansion steam engines. This is a game, let me do stupid things.<_<

I'd say this but with one slight change, have it be listed as obsolete, but sill usable. Although maybe even that would be hard to judge. Who's to say having a turbine instead of the more advanced version to save on cost is a bad plan? Hell, maybe you do use a very old engine on a ship, but know it'll only be used for coastal patrol duties and doesn't need all that expense.

The point is there are some reasons to have old stuff in a new ship. Not every ship, but old tech has it's place.

• Like 2