Game-Labs Forum

another collision model bug

TAKTCOM

1 hour ago, Ink said:

There is no bug, by design

Actually you can place both singe and double 7- and even 8-inch turrets in this forward position if they are the early Mark I style, but the transition from this early style turret to the very late-style sloped turret (would appear to be of post-WWI design) happens very early (e.g. 1898 for Russia in custom battle).  It seems we are missing a more transitional design for these larger intermediate calibers, or perhaps the Mark I style turret should be retained for Mark II turrets (as it seems to be with the large main gun turrets).

I did spot what appears to be a bug with the Borodino-class hulls, however:

With these early Mark I turrets, you can place 7 or 8-inch doubles in the forward side position, but you can only place 7-inch turrets in the rear side position.  With 8-inch selected, no mounting point appears and it doesn't even allow you to attempt to place it at that position.  It will only snap down to the lower stern main turret deck.  This would not appear to be size-based since with the Mark II turrets, you can place 7-inch turrets in the rear side position (which has more clearance from the rear main turret), but you can only place 6-inch turrets in the forward side position.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:48 PM, akd said:

I did spot what appears to be a bug with the Borodino-class hulls, however:

With these early Mark I turrets, you can place 7 or 8-inch doubles in the forward side position, but you can only place 7-inch turrets in the rear side position.  With 8-inch selected, no mounting point appears and it doesn't even allow you to attempt to place it at that position.  It will only snap down to the lower stern main turret deck.  This would not appear to be size-based since with the Mark II turrets, you can place 7-inch turrets in the rear side position (which has more clearance from the rear main turret), but you can only place 6-inch turrets in the forward side position.

Most likely this is by design (due to lack of space for the guns). We will check it

Yeah, that doesn’t make sense then.  To simplify:

With Mark I turrets, 8-inch can fit at front but not at rear.  Only 7-inch and smaller can be mounted at rear.

With Mark II turrrets, only 6-inch and smaller can be mounted at front, and as with Mark I, only 7-inch and smaller can be mounted at rear.

There is no way to reconcile above with lack of space.

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2020 at 7:46 PM, Ink said:

There is no bug, by design

What design? The historical design carried  in the secondary turrets six-inch guns and nothing more. However, there was Andrei Pervozvannyincremental development of the Borodino-class And this battleship carried eight inch guns as secondary.

If we talk about the game, I find strange impossibility cannot put identical turrets  on platforms of the same size. This is how to put wheels of different sizes on a car. And I had no idea that developers may find it normal.

However,  akd  have are good point: late turrets are larger than early turrets which leads to situations like i can use 8'' in 1905

ytf4ANs.png

But in 1906 you already can not

EH0zQxi.png

I could understand if this hull were obsolete in 1906, but this will only happen in 1921, with access to heavy cruisers. 

If  summarize discussion in the topic, turrets need some love.