Game-Labs Forum

American Campaign whatever your last battle bumps to main menu

My last main battle was Yarmouth Attempt which is a tough battle and I guess I did a poi which gave me Wounded Game which is a tricky battle in it's self as last battle so I won it and the game bumped me to the in development screen which then throws you to the main menu so when I click to continue it shows like I never done that last battle and will have to do it again so you did not do that in the Britain campaign when we finish that campaign and there is nothing else to do as a battle we can click on the end chapter and the in development screen will pop up and when we click it we go to main menu which is fine at that point.  So why the American after what I call is last battle you bump me out to the in development screen making me unable to enjoy the rewards from that battle I just did by not letting me get to the camp? 

I can load the save after the last battle in the Britain campaign and I can go to the camp and do anything I want but of course there are no more battle so I can click on the end chapter and get bumped out to main menu which is ok for me.  I know this is a minor thing compared to everything else but is there a reason why you bump us out after the last battle in the American campaign? I will tell you if you did that to me on that major tough battle and bumped me out where I don't get to the camp and enjoy the reward and would have to do it again I would have lost it! 

Edited by doublebuck

39 minutes ago, sterner said:

Next chapter is in development. Yarmouth is last battle in the chapter.

I know Yarmouth is the last main battle so far but wounded Game pop up for me to do and the game screwed me out of the camp.  You did not answer my questions?  Big difference between Britain and American ending screen.  I have two high tier computers at home so on each of them I test the game. So I am asking you;  on my second computer I played Yarmouth and finished it and was at the camp and got ready to play the last mission for me which is Wounded Game for that pop on for me to play it which I won and the freaking game bumped me auto to the development screen which sends you to the main menu which if I continue leaves that stupid mission again as like I didn't do it so that sucks big.  So are you telling me on my first computer which I did all battles including Wounded Game and I just have Yarmouth left to do so are you freaky telling me if I play now Yarmouth that when I win it I will get bumped out of the freaky game so when I continue I freaky have to do that hard mission again?????????///

The Britain campaign does not auto bump you to that development screen as soon as the battle ends and that is a FACT!!!!!!!

All I want is when that battle ends I get to go to the camp like I can in Britain campaign?  Why do you favor Britain instead of American? If you can make it work for the Britain I don't see why you can't make it work for the American?

Edited by doublebuck

1 minute ago, sterner said:

We will check why us campaign has difference.

My fear is on my 1st computer I finished wounded Game and just have Yarmouth to do and that is a big hard battle and there are rewards and I don't want to go through that again like I did on my 2nd computer for when I finished the battle there was no camp the game just forces me to main menu and it leaves the battle to be played again.  Anyone reading this can you tell me that if you did Wounded Game and have Yarmouth left can you win it and get to the camp or does it throw you out of the game as soon as the battle ends?  Like I said that did not happen in the Britain Campaign.

25 minutes ago, sterner said:

Send report please, will check on your save.

How?  this is on my second computer when I bring the game up and say continue it will put me to my last save which means I have to play that mission again so what I am saying is when I won it the game forced me to the main menu.  I did an f11 when the game forced me to main menu so if I play that mission again and win it will auto force to the development screen which takes you to main menu  At what point do you want me to f11?  

Edited by doublebuck
The game didn't save the battle results so it forced me to main menu

1 minute ago, sterner said:

You saves will be included into report.

OK but if the game didn't save the battle info and put me to the game screen where I can put perks in and do stuff like repairing my ships what I am saying is I already beat Yarmouth and was able to do that kind of stuff before doing this battle Wounded Game which at the end of battle it forced me to the main menu so the game did not save the battle info so when I continue the game it shows I still need to fight Wounded Game which why would I want to do it again for the same thing will happen.  If my saves went to the report fine but it won't show the battle results for that didn't save.  

OK this is how it is currently in the American Campaign when you get to the last main battle called Yarmouth Attempt you can do that battle and when you get a victory you get to go to the camp and repair your ships. use perks and stuff like that and when you are done with that for me you now see the Battle Wounded Game is available to do.  So why did you not make us aware that if we do that battle and get a victory we get auto bumped to the main menu and that battle won't save so once we are at the main menu we click continue we go back into the game and that battle is still there to do. For me it would be better that you didn't show me Wounded Game battle because at least when I finished Yarmouth I was able to get back to the camp but once you play Wounded Game you get kicked to the main menu and that is just rude. 

I sent a F11 when you forced me to that in development screen.  You did not do that in the Britain Campaign we were able to play every battle and get to the camp. The only way we see that in development screen is when we on end chapter which was fine so why the change in the American Campaign of how you force us to that in development screen as soon as the battle ended?

When the British campaign was first released, it worked the same way. The Grand Battle will always be the last battle of a chapter so you should save before one as it will probably kick you to the main menu. You aren't missing anything as the chapter is over and there is nothing left to do.

58 minutes ago, WilliamTheIII said:

When the British campaign was first released, it worked the same way. The Grand Battle will always be the last battle of a chapter so you should save before one as it will probably kick you to the main menu. You aren't missing anything as the chapter is over and there is nothing left to do.

Good point however in the Britain Campaign as you mentioned, does not kick you out unless you click onto the End Chapter button then it does what you say so that is why I would like the American Campaign to do the same.

Because in the Britain Campaign I was able to do all the battles and not get forced to the main menu which means my Britain Navy is all ready to fight the next battle when those chapters get finished all I need is one new officer for one of my ships that required five officers and then I am set which is nice.

The other thing I would like to point out is before Yarmouth battle I got to do that Wounded Game battle and faced off with 2 British war ships that had 40 guns each so I did get a victory though and then I fought Yarmouth and at the end of Yarmouth you have to answer a question from a letter and when I made my choice another Wounded Game Battle presented itself to me.  So maybe that is the problem?

Why do I have another of the same battle and in this second Wounded Game battle after Yarmouth I faced off with 2 British war ships that had 30 guns each so that is a little odd but that is the battle that won't save and at the end kicks me to the main menu which again I think that is a bad thing to do it that way.

Do you think that the problem could be that a second Wounded Game battle shows up?  All I am saying is regardless,  in game just make it like the Britain campaign if I click onto End chapter then kick me out to main menu but don't do it when I finish a battle don't you think a person would like to see the results and not get thrown out of the game?

Edited by doublebuck

I think I figured it out and will retract from my statement that Britain and American Campaigns not being the same when they actually are when it comes to the last major battle currently if you press the End Chapter button you will get the In Development Screen which takes you to the main menu which means we can play Yarmouth and get to go to camp like we can in Britain campaign the only caveat to this depends on how you answer the letter's question if you pick agree then a second Wounded Game shows up which the game does not figure you would have an extra battle at this point so that is why if you play that 2nd Wounded Game battle and get a victory the game auto bumps you to the main menu and won't save it for it wasn't programmed for a situation like this one.

If you answer that letter question No and throw the letter away then the game won't give you a 2nd Wounded Game battle so the problem I had went away.  For me I had to pick No on that letter and at least now it's like the Britain Campaign in that way.

DEV do you think I am right about this?  It all depends how you answer that letter if you get an extra battle or not and the game at this point is not programmed to accept it after you play Yarmouth?

51 minutes ago, doublebuck said:

I think I figured it out and will retract from my statement that Britain and American Campaigns not being the same when they actually are when it comes to the last major battle currently if you press the End Chapter button you will get the In Development Screen which takes you to the main menu which means we can play Yarmouth and get to go to camp like we can in Britain campaign the only caveat to this depends on how you answer the letter's question if you pick agree then a second Wounded Game shows up which the game does not figure you would have an extra battle at this point so that is why if you play that 2nd Wounded Game battle and get a victory the game auto bumps you to the main menu and won't save it for it wasn't programmed for a situation like this one.

If you answer that letter question No and throw the letter away then the game won't give you a 2nd Wounded Game battle so the problem I had went away.  For me I had to pick No on that letter and at least now it's like the Britain Campaign in that way.

DEV do you think I am right about this?  It all depends how you answer that letter if you get an extra battle or not and the game at this point is not programmed to accept it after you play Yarmouth?

What letter are you speaking of?  If it's the one that gives you the Wounded mission than I ok that one before I did any battles and it was added. Other wise I never got a second letter and I just finished the US Campaign right now and after all missions was done I click on end chapter and it said in development and sent me to main menu.  Maybe it's when you open the letter and ok?

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What letter are you speaking of?  If it's the one that gives you the Wounded mission than I ok that one before I did any battles and it was added. Other wise I never got a second letter and I just finished the US Campaign right now and after all missions was done I click on end chapter and it said in development and sent me to main menu.  Maybe it's when you open the letter and ok?

Let me think?  I am asking you if you did not do a POI and just did Yarmouth did you get a letter that forces you to pick 1 of two options about the answer to the question letter? 

For that will make the difference to what happens in your game.  What I am trying to point out is I am not sure because before I fought Yarmouth I had fought Wounded Game already and everything was fine until I set another POI for someone here wrote here to do the POI's before you do the last battle so all your POI will come due after the last battle.

What I am trying to say is maybe the POI that I did before I fought Yarmouth gave me that letter after I completed Yarmouth and when I was at the camp the game forced me to make a choice about that letter and if you agree with that letter it gives you another battle called Wounded Game which is #2 of the same mission that was Wounded Game and if you do that 2nd Wounded Game mission it won't save and will bump you to main menu for I think the DEV did not account for such a thing like that to happen at this point in the game. It's as simple as that.

I suggest, if you want to see what I am talking about just load your game before Yarmouth battle and take a look at what POI's you have available and if you do have some extra ships pick one those POI's and do one of them that are in the sea area then do the Yarmouth battle and at the end of the Yarmouth battle if you get a letter as soon as the battle ends and you get two choices either agree or not which is throw the letter away and I am saying if you agree with the letter you get another Wounded Game battle and if you dare to do that battle that is where the problem is so to avoid this problem seeing the DEV goofed on it if you did get that letter use the throw away letter answer so you won't get the extra Wounded Game battle and there won't be a problem for you.

I hope I made myself clear about this.  If you played the entire Britain Campaign and the Entire American Campaign currently and you did some of those POI's along the way so every now and then after a battle mainly grand battles you may get a letter that you have to answer and depending on what you pick makes a differences into what will happen or not happen or what you will get or not get.  Those are the letters I am talking about. For me I got one after Yarmouth and again I think the DEV dropped the ball not realizing that would happen seeing they stopped the Chapter after Yarmouth they expected you to not have any extra battles even though Wounded Game came again.

Edited by doublebuck

As far as POI's go I am not an expect about them but what I derive about it is I don't know how many of them are available and how long they last and it depends if you do them or not or when you do them.  After a main battle or a few battles they will give a result in the form of note or the choice letter which may give you things or take away things from you or may give you an extra battle to do so in other words you get either good or bad results.  And maybe some of those letters come directly from the battle?

My question is why did the DEV put TWO POI's in the game that give you the same WOUNDED GAME MISSION if you answer (agree with the letter) for that is the problem at the end of game for the DEV did not account for that to happen thus it sends you to main menu.

The bottom line is if you set a few POI before you fight Yarmouth then after Yarmouth they will resolve and a letter pops up and you have to make a choice.  Don't forget this is after Yarmouth and if you get the same letter I did and if you agree with it you get another Wounded Game mission as being available to play which I am saying the DEV did not plan for that to happen since the DEV ended that Chapter as soon as Yarmouth is completed.  My advice is don't do any POI before Yarmouth to avoid this problem or select throw away letter.

This is just my POV so you can agree or not but I am just reporting this so they become aware of this.  Not everybody will have this problem seeing some my never do the POI's or didn't do a POI before playing Yarmouth or they might not have picked the same POI that I did which gave me another Wounded Game mission.

Edited by doublebuck

Having 2 Wounder Game missions is obviously a bug. I was not able to reproduce the case today in my campaign. I have seen your report and investigate your campaign from saves.

Having a screen " in development " is expected if the next chapter is not ready yet.

I did a bunch of the POI on the British, but for the US I could hardly do any of them cause you just don't make enough money even if you cap every ship.   Which is what I did last play through and I didn't have the money/crew to run a bunch of extra ships.  British I had no issue as you get tons of money and support.  Than again I did the British on easy and the US on normal.  

That kinda makes me wonder something.  Back in UG: Civil War Easy actually caused games to be harder cause AI would do some stupid stuff (like charge all the time) which could actually cost you a lot of losses.  When I played I found it was better to do normal on South than it was to do Easy.  Since your hinder on supply and man power later on.  This game should for balance reason give US something since British gets so much money and support in the play through.   Maybe I"ll do another play through and test out the POI a bit more on the US side.

I have explained above how to get to what was my problem but here is the words of the letter below:  Though you are a DEV you made this game and put the POI's into this game so you should know what I am talking about!

It's a letter, in a closed captain cabin, just on top of your papers , again: Captain, yesterday evening we spotted a large ship with broken mast and tangled rigging just over the horizon. Perhaps a captain with some guts could make her colors before she is discovered and rescued. P.S. Mr. Hancock told me you can be trusted.

<The following below I list it as A and B are the answer of your choice if you pick A you get another battle of Wounded Game if you pick B you get no extra battle.>

A - This "Hancock" prove itself as a reliable source. We'll follow the instructions.

B - All those cloak and dagger plays buzzing me. Forget the letter.

Dev now you can read this letter above and you should be able to figure out which POI you put that one with so you can update the game and fix it. I reproduced this problem on two computers two times each so I know what it is and how to get it and I explained it above now if you can't reproduce it I don't know what to say I haven't already wrote.

When you get to the last chapter that has Yarmouth there are a few battles and a couple of POI's one is near Bristol and the other one is near Penobscot Bay.  I hope that you should be able to pin it down to one of those that I did which gave me the above letter and each time I picked an A I got that extra battle that won't save if I pick B I don't get that battle again.

Keep in mind, that in that Chapter I did do the battles of: Battle of the Rice Boats, Assault on Nassau, Wounded Game then Yarmouth but before I did Yarmouth I selected one of those two POI which gave me this letter after the battle that gave me the 2nd Wounded Game.

DEV if you watch my video go to around the time of 22:06 and when I select the answer you look to the upper left of the screen and you will see the 2nd Wounded Game Battle Icon pop on the screen so this is the factual proof of what I am talking about which can happen currently in this EA game which I am just pointing out.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. How are your save files so incredibly small. I guess it is just the params for the players junk and stage in the campaign, and all the data for the content lives in the install. Pretty cool.

So I played that second instance of Wounded Game, but I was nearly bankrupt (Yarmouth really seemed to be some meager rewards, although I did have like 43 prestige requisitioning HMS Lenox took -40 of that . . .) so I only had one 5th Rate and one 6th Rate to try to do that one and kinda slacked off on micro-ing it, so I got defeated, and no idea what happens if you win it.

OK yesterday I played a new campaign and I can confirm that if you still do a certain POI which is a Naval Patrol which I try to do all of the POI's so that is probably why I hit it again.  It's the one about Hancock and if you forget to answer the letter it's just cloak and daggers and do the one that is for Hancock you will get the 2nd wounded game battle so as of 1/28/2020 it is still not fixed meaning the DEV has two POI's that will give you the same battle wounded game even when you already played it. I did a F11.

• Like 1