Game-Labs Forum

first impression some idees

liaxelot

hello
first impression of ultimate admiral
I bought the game and test it since 3 days

congratulation, it is the kind of game I've been waiting for a long time !

and your job for instance is wonderfull, and to "help" with my poor English, if I were a designer, what would I change or make more realism?

strategic plan

- during the campaign that I hope will be dynamic, ours victorious actions or defeats will directly influence the course of a conflict,

so a system of experience of the crews would be a good idea (even a defeat gives some experience and sometimes, more than the Victory !) experience that allows for the next battle a boat more manoeuver, more accurate artillery, faster recharge and improved boat survival system, off course the boat who are at sea on combat will win more XP than the guy hind in the harbord, but to be more simple this experience could affect the whole fleet as all the crews are assignable on each boat.

- will there some planes or airship, zeppelin serving as light or spy for the fleet, in the same idea, submarines?
not at the beginning, but during the world war one aircraft and especially submarines became very important and necessary for a the fleet !

- mines ?

tactic plan

- Possibility to designate the leader in each squad and allow more maneuvering, half turn of the line by the last boat, formation in V or shifts collone ... etc

- the possibility of several targets : each turret or cannon may have a different target or at least differentiat the main armament, secondary, tertiary and torpedoes target
- the compression of time; Possibility to divide by 2 or 1.5 the time to facilitate decision-making, a fleet of 10 cruiser firing at max speed on such a number of enemies becomes stressful, it will also relieve the CPU and graphics card of the computer !

graffic plan
- the propellers of the boats and the rudders do not turn, it is a useless visual, to be eliminate to optimize the FPS, but sailors on the decks of the boats to the control and behind the guns would be a visual pleasant and more alive.

- the ships sim to be flooding on bow, the stern sim to be highter no ?

I hope this game grow more and more to becomes the essential naval strategy games of the sea kings that were the armor-boat

Edited by liaxelot
corrections
  • Like 1

Alpha 3 is coming out tommorrow (most likely but be on guard if it gets pushed back cus code is annoying like that). Hopefully we get the ability to target ships with individual weapon sets manually (it does it automatically but it's mostly hit or miss atm).

Some gud stuff here and welcome to da forums!

'w'