Game-Labs Forum

missing fire control computers

Zuikaku

I have noticed that fire control computers are missing. While we have various rangefinders, fire control computers are completely missing or abstracted. From manual fire control to Dreyer table, Argo clock and increasingly complex mechanical computers, they woul'd be nice addition to this complex and realistic game.

• Like 1

one way to have them could be along the lines of

the better they are the less accuracy penalties the ship receives for going fast 

so dreadnoughts have high penalties if they are moving fast but 1940s battleships can move as fast as they like

targeting speed would also be improved

long range accuracy increase (10+km) could be improved quite a bit)

there could be diffrent firecontrol computers like there are with rangefinders

some are suited for battlecruisers and have alot less accuracy penalties at high speed

while others increase accuracy in general but are bad at high speed

just some idea i thought i would throw out there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

At the moment, these are part of the technology advances in campaign. In missions, you do not see them in separate components, because their effects globally modify accuracy, aiming etc. for the ships, according to playing year.

This is a bit odd, though, as it means even TBs and destroyers benefit from technology that would take a very significant investment of space and cost for these small ships.  I would like to see centralized fire control suites and gun / torpedo directors selectable in the ship design.  For example, I might go for a single gun director with the most basic fire control computer in a destroyer design, but in a superdreadnought I might have a dedicated fire control room, 2 or more primary gun directors, a secondary gun director and a torpedo director, all at significant weight and cost.

2 hours ago, akd said:

This is a bit odd, though, as it means even TBs and destroyers benefit from technology that would take a very significant investment of space and cost for these small ships.  I would like to see centralized fire control suites and gun / torpedo directors selectable in the ship design.  For example, I might go for a single gun director with the most basic fire control computer in a destroyer design, but in a superdreadnought I might have a dedicated fire control room, 2 or more primary gun directors, a secondary gun director and a torpedo director, all at significant weight and cost.

It would be nice to have this added detail for the designer. More depth, more realism.

11 hours ago, akd said:

We already plan to add more ship designer components gradually. There is certainly room to add those as special components. We just cannot guarantee when this is going to happen, until we finalize several other priorities.