Game-Labs Forum

Need help with tutorial

ZipZip

Question

Brand new player to the game. Just bought the game last night.

I’m working on the tutorials and I am on the pursuit and capture tutorial.

I took the sails bellow 60%

I reduced the side armor to 30%

I boarded and won the ship.

transfered crew

the next tutorial prompt asks to hit 5 2 to repair sails. I do this and nothing happens.

How on earth could a tutorial be set up to fail. If I’m missing something should the tutorial not prompt me. 

I just bought the game last night, should I just get a refund, is this indicative of the games level of development?

4 answers to this question

17 hours ago, ZipZip said:

Brand new player to the game. Just bought the game last night.

I’m working on the tutorials and I am on the pursuit and capture tutorial.

I took the sails bellow 60%

I reduced the side armor to 30%

I boarded and won the ship.

transfered crew

the next tutorial prompt asks to hit 5 2 to repair sails. I do this and nothing happens.

How on earth could a tutorial be set up to fail. If I’m missing something should the tutorial not prompt me. 

I just bought the game last night, should I just get a refund, is this indicative of the games level of development?

you need to transfer the repairs from your old ship to the new one. I am sure that its the 2nd sentence after the one that tells you to switch ships. You need to take out the reps as well.

Edited by z4ys

After transferring crew and repairs, hit ESC to leave the boarding screen. The repair does work. 5 key brings up repair and 2 selects sails as what to repair. 

And by the way, after the tutorials, don’t get immediately hung up trying the exams, especially the last two. Although you can try, they are probably going to be really frustrating right Le. They are not designed for someone to move straight on to right after the tutorials.

Edited by Farrago

NA is a good game but there is really no way to get clear directions about how the game works.   Players just learn the mechanics by trial and error, or by talking to each other.  Forum questions may go unanswered but it's still fun to play the game.

I haven't tried the tutorial and exams for a long time, but before they assumed you kinda knew what you were doing.

Just get in game.  Join up with other players.  Figure stuff out by playing.