Game-Labs Forum

Recipe Ingredients Only Drop in Certain Ports?

CrustyJohnson

Question

So recipe ingredients like Copper Ingots, Spanish Square Sails, and Royal Naval College Graduates only are available from certain ports as drops? Is it possible for clans to invest and make them available in ports they own? Also, this seems unfair in some regards, as according to na-map, Royal Naval College Graduate only drops at Britain's uncapturable homeport...So is blockade running with a trader the only viable option for everyone else to get this powerful module?

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, CrustyJohnson said:

So recipe ingredients like Copper Ingots, Spanish Square Sails, and Royal Naval College Graduates only are available from certain ports as drops? Is it possible for clans to invest and make them available in ports they own? Also, this seems unfair in some regards, as according to na-map, Royal Naval College Graduate only drops at Britain's uncapturable homeport...So is blockade running with a trader the only viable option for everyone else to get this powerful module?

These will also drop in sealed bottle loot as well, also, try trading, your nation will likely have one of these resources and if you get it you may be able to do a straight swap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

These will also drop in sealed bottle loot as well, also, try trading, your nation will likely have one of these resources and if you get it you may be able to do a straight swap.

Thanks, ya that makes sense. I think I'm just surprised that some nations get such an obvious advantage. I feel like each nation should have a resource like that for a top-tier mod that only spawns in their area.

7 hours ago, CrustyJohnson said:

Thanks, ya that makes sense. I think I'm just surprised that some nations get such an obvious advantage. I feel like each nation should have a resource like that for a top-tier mod that only spawns in their area.

I would say it is not an advantage as much as you think.

1. You can't get any taxes from it in the uncapturable port.

2. You can't boost it's resource production with trading outpost option either.

The fact it can't be taken away doesn't matter too much when players make some insane contract prices and price a lot of people out of the market anyway.

9 hours ago, CrustyJohnson said:

the idea is to encourage nations to fight over the resource

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I would say it is not an advantage as much as you think.

1. You can't get any taxes from it in the uncapturable port.

2. You can't boost it's resource production with trading outpost option either.

The fact it can't be taken away doesn't matter too much when players make some insane contract prices and price a lot of people out of the market anyway.

That makes sense, but that nation's players do have the luxury of building a workshop in the port where those items spawn and run very little risk of losing them at sea. I It is possible to build a workshop at a freeport though, right? I guess moving them via tlynx or something that way and then building them there to teleport them away isn't that much of a hassel.