Game-Labs Forum

Delete Outpost Rework

Do we need more then one idiot proof warning?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Delete ports confirmations

• Instead of typing 190116, you have to type the name of the Port you want to delete, so say i want to delete Mantua the confirmation code is "Mantua"
    • Like today, that you have to manually sail to an outpost across the map to delete a useless ship even though you get the consequence of doing so read up on the screen

Today if you have a ship in an outpost you want to delete (especially ports in hostile waters), you still have to sail to the port and manually delete the ship before you can delete the port which wastes ALOT of unnecessary game time. For the first you have to enter that certain port in a trade ship, for the second you have to get there and if you get sunk on your  way, you have to restart at your closest outpost or the closest open port.

There is already one warning telling you that if you delete this outpost, warehouse inventory, contracts and actually ships will get deleted. So now if i have a basic cutter in say Mantua and im not prussian i have to sail from Tumbado, spending ~30 mins IF i get back and forth without sinking.

I've spoken with @Ink about this and he said to me that People typed in the passcode without thinking of what they were doing, and wrongly deleted their ships which they had confirmed would happen. Well i can understand that its unlucky to be in that situation, but its better then spending 30 mins doing something that should be possible, so please vote before i get bald

19 minutes ago, Clifford Scott Wilson said:

So, if I vote for the bottom one Im voting to keep it as is? Not sure what you're asking.

yes, since multi language is a thing i could debate that we could keep numbers, just each port has its own number so it feels random, while its not

Edited by Guest

190116 but no cigar

not sure it needs changing, if people are clicking and typing and NOT reading or understanding then losing stuff is likely to happen to them

we do get a last confirmation that it is what we require and a final warning about loss of items ?

if you're only asking to have the ability to do it remotely , then why not. It is however likely to cause more loss as you cannot see what is in your inventory of you don't go there first. Sorry if I am being dense or fail to understand what it is you're asking for

convenience for a few against the losses of the many ( albeit careless people )

Edited by Vizzini
clarity and typo

It says "if you delete this port you will loss everything in warehouse, docks, etc." Yet I can't delete that port because there's a basic cutter in it.
I have to sail all the way there in a trader just to free up one of my outposts. The ship, along with the stuff should automatically be deleted without me having to sail there.
It's a huge issue when you only get 8 outpost slots, you put one pretty far from your coast, then the port gets captured, and you're forced to sail back to the captured port.
That should only be required if you want to retrieve your stuff, not if you're okay with it being deleted.

I chose the first option because I do want to be able to delete a port from afar (even if there’s a ship there).

However it should just be some other word or number as many ports have special characters in the name and the name can’t be easily typed on all keyboards.

8 hours ago, Vizzini said:

190116 but no cigar

not sure it needs changing, if people are clicking and typing and NOT reading or understanding then losing stuff is likely to happen to them

we do get a last confirmation that it is what we require and a final warning about loss of items ?

if you're only asking to have the ability to do it remotely , then why not. It is however likely to cause more loss as you cannot see what is in your inventory of you don't go there first. Sorry if I am being dense or fail to understand what it is you're asking for

convenience for a few against the losses of the many ( albeit careless people )

maybe then there should show a short list of ships thats gonna get deleted in taht ship aswell?

Just now, Farrago said:

I chose the first option because I do want to be able to delete a port from afar (even if there’s a ship there).

However it should just be some other word or number as many ports have special characters in the name and the name can’t be easily typed on all keyboards.

yeah i thought about that, but maybe each port should have its own id? so to confirm to delete outpost in LT you need confirm with 143291, and if you want to cancel outpost in shroud cay its 126485 it would feel random while its not, since i would believe that people woulnt remember all the codes for each port.