Game-Labs Forum

New sub forum ( Other Language - Català Language )

Visca Catalunya

1 hour ago, AlonsoC said:

Nationalism is amazing.  Although he speaks Spanish, he needs to feel special

I believe it´s slightly more nationalist blaming someone because he wants to speak his langague which is recognized in Spain at the same level as spanish

Edited by Pablo Frias
  • Like 2

I think it'd be a sound idea to create a sub-forum for general discussions in 'other language' - but giving special treatment to a language as small and insignificant (For the NA community) as Catalan seems over the top.

Given that there's a fairly large chinese player-base I'd say they should have a much higher priority.. The same is the case for the Scandinavian community who are often treated as having just one language and in this case is without a subforum (Denmark-Norway and Sweden are even in-game as seperate nations..). Furthermore, I bet the vast majority of Catan speakers are perfectly capable of communicating in either Spanish or English and a sub-forum would only serve to alienate and distance the minor Catalan group from the rest of the NA community.

36 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

I believe it´s slightly more nationalist blaming someone because he wants to speak his langague which is recognized in Spain at the same level as spanish

In that case I'd like to request the creation of a Faroese sub-forum as that is officially recognised in the Kingdom of Denmark at the same level as danish. Hardly an argument for the creation of a sub-forum here though ;) 

3 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

In that case I'd like to request the creation of a Faroese sub-forum as that is officially recognised in the Kingdom of Denmark at the same level as danish. Hardly an argument for the creation of a sub-forum here though ;) 

I didn´t pretend to justify the creation of a catalan sub-forum with those words. I just don´t think that requesting a sub-forum for your language (which I think it´s no needed atm) means nationalism.

1 hour ago, Pablo Frias said:

Not the same lvl and only in his region... 

10 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

I think it'd be a sound idea to create a sub-forum for general discussions in 'other language' - but giving special treatment to a language as small and insignificant (For the NA community) as Catalan seems over the top.

Given that there's a fairly large chinese player-base I'd say they should have a much higher priority.. The same is the case for the Scandinavian community who are often treated as having just one language and in this case is without a subforum (Denmark-Norway and Sweden are even in-game as seperate nations..). Furthermore, I bet the vast majority of Catan speakers are perfectly capable of communicating in either Spanish or English and a sub-forum would only serve to alienate and distance the minor Catalan group from the rest of the NA community.

In that case I'd like to request the creation of a Faroese sub-forum as that is officially recognised in the Kingdom of Denmark at the same level as danish. Hardly an argument for the creation of a sub-forum here thoug;) 

9 hours ago, Jorge said:

Not the same lvl and only in his region... 

What does it matter to you? If your opinion interests me something, I would put it in a current account, until it generated some interest.