Game-Labs Forum

Make Requin craftable for DLC owners

3 hours ago, Mascarino said:

Requin is not OP, you just need to exploit her weakness ( downwind angles and few cannons). The real problem of the Requin or the players that use it, is that it's annoying. The most used tactic by them is rageboarding, not much else works well, and if they fail 2 or 3 times to board you (just keep your speed, downwind heading and never let him cross your bow), they turn away and escape upwind. It's annoying because wastes your time, doing a battle against Requin is wasting time. I just avoid them when I see one in OW.

As you correctly pointed, LRQ has her pros and big cons - so it is usually douable to exploit her weaknesses.

Sidenote: rageboarding is quite easy to counter as almost any boarding: it is more a defender's error (and attacker awareness exploiting it).

Gunning Requin is a different Niagara, so very funny to use against bigger stuff.

The problem is the huge disparity between downwind and upwind speeds.

Easier (and it was ALREADY PROPOSED) would slow a bit square rigged ships upwind, slow far more fore-aft and herm-brig (like Prince) still leaving them adequately faster and buffing their downwind speeds so reducing both downwind and upwind gaps... And "casually" getting a bit more real sailing

PS.

Forgot: it's already plenty of annoying ships. More or less any fir-ish one is even more facing a tanky build (again: speaking of people with a clue).

So not a so strong argument.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Le Vagabond said:

Le Requin is a great ship and I would love to spend my entire playtime on it on a given night. Go 🦈, make it craftable (for DLC owners), please.

Looks like Requin-Party needs more numbers - but as I know, LeSexy lovers are quite a few... confirming she's not OP :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

So missing the point. Arent you allowed to stockpile Bellonas or Oceans or ANY ship?

Only a few, with a big inconvenience. Redeeming 265 ships per year is kind of extreme though.

8 hours ago, vazco said:

Only a few, with a big inconvenience. Redeeming 265 ships per year is kind of extreme though.

Please note we can already redeem the same for EACH DLC.

In the end proposing to be allowed to redeem a PERMIT (so having to then CRAFT the ship) every 48 would REDUCE the stockpile.