Game-Labs Forum

How similar will this game be to rule the waves?

Reading the descriptions in the new website really makes it sound like the game is a 3d copy of rule the waves, apart from the 3d models and the custom battles what are the new things that we can expect from this game?

i also saw that the time period depicted in this game is from 1890-1936 so does that mean that we'll see in the future versions airplanes and aircraft carriers?

also, what about units and landings? will you use the new landing mechanics in ultimate admiral:age of sail and apply them here?

in rule the wave you could also build Coastal artillery that can be used in some battles when close to islands, will those also be included.

Good luck developing the game, it's starting to look like a new hit game for the ultimate general (or admiral in this case) series!

36 minutes ago, AegorBlackfyre said:

Reading the descriptions in the new website really makes it sound like the game is a 3d copy of rule the waves, apart from the 3d models and the custom battles what are the new things that we can expect from this game?

i also saw that the time period depicted in this game is from 1890-1936 so does that mean that we'll see in the future versions airplanes and aircraft carriers?

also, what about units and landings? will you use the new landing mechanics in ultimate admiral:age of sail and apply them here?

in rule the wave you could also build Coastal artillery that can be used in some battles when close to islands, will those also be included.

Good luck developing the game, it's starting to look like a new hit game for the ultimate general (or admiral in this case) series!

Rule the waves sounds interesting, ty for mention will check out and probably buy :).

Ok checked out RtW and to be honest NA isn't like that,  think more world of tanks with sail ships in an open world with very basic nation vs nation mechanics.

If you want a wargame i think this isn't for you perhaps (there ar much better wargaming titles out there), but if want a pew/pew with an extremely light sprinkle of Realm/nation based mechanics then give it a shot.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dibbler (Retired) said:

Rule the waves sounds interesting, ty for mention will check out and probably buy :).

Ok checked out RtW and to be honest NA isn't like that,  think more world of tanks with sail ships in an open world with very basic nation vs nation mechanics.

If you want a wargame i think this isn't for you perhaps (there ar much better wargaming titles out there), but if want a pew/pew with an extremely light sprinkle of Realm/nation based mechanics then give it a shot.

You do see that he's asking about Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts right?

In general everything is light on details here but I would suspect it's not going to be a carbon copy of RtW but it would be nice if there was some inspiration from it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

As I'm currently playing Rule the Waves 2, I must say that the game mechanics that are described in the Campaings section of Ultimate Admiral:Dreadnoughts are directly taken from the game mechanics from RTW2. But I'm not complaining, I think it will be fun to play a 3D version of RTW2 :-). Actually the RTW2 interface is a bit clunky and takes a bit of getting used to, so if another games company borrows from a otherwise great game and improves on it I'm all thumbs up.

Now if you only aim to play the 'Naval Academy' /quick mission parts in Ultimate Admiral:Dreadnoughts yes that can not be compared to RTW2.