Game-Labs Forum

Contract selection function not working.

racketyjack

I want to add a contract for an item or for a resource I have for sale. I cannot for the life of me choose the item in the drop down menu. Usually, (not always), the menu will list the resources I have in the warehouse, but if I want to sell a book or upgrade, even if its in the warehouse, I cannot choose that pulldown choice or name the item. I have tried to use tab, to mouse over the choices, to hit enter instead of a mouse click, to put in the price and number first; nothing seems to work. The only time I can make a contract is if the item is a resource and is listed first in the dropdown menu. 

My computer specs are XFX Radeon 580 8gb video, Ryzen 1600 3.6ghz 6 core cpu, 32gb DDR4 RAM, ASUS 370 killer SLI mobo.

8 minutes ago, racketyjack said:

I want to add a contract for an item or for a resource I have for sale. I cannot for the life of me choose the item in the drop down menu. Usually, (not always), the menu will list the resources I have in the warehouse, but if I want to sell a book or upgrade, even if its in the warehouse, I cannot choose that pulldown choice or name the item. I have tried to use tab, to mouse over the choices, to hit enter instead of a mouse click, to put in the price and number first; nothing seems to work. The only time I can make a contract is if the item is a resource and is listed first in the dropdown menu. 

My computer specs are XFX Radeon 580 8gb video, Ryzen 1600 3.6ghz 6 core cpu, 32gb DDR4 RAM, ASUS 370 killer SLI mobo.

you have a joystick or have drivers for a certain joystick installed
for some reason some drivers for certain joysticks interfere with the dropdown function. 
If you uninstall them it will start working 

Yep, that did it, thank you! I had a CH Pro Combatstick and CH rudder peddles plugged into the computer. They only use the windows 10 drivers and not the CH drivers to my knowledge, I never installed CH drivers.Weird that the joystick and rudders should do this. But, glad its finally working. 😃

Edited by racketyjack

14 hours ago, racketyjack said:

Yep, that did it, thank you! I had a CH Pro Combatstick and CH rudder peddles plugged into the computer. They only use the windows 10 drivers and not the CH drivers to my knowledge, I never installed CH drivers.Weird that the joystick and rudders should do this. But, glad its finally working. 😃

Could you please try to plug them one by one to check what device cause the problem in your case?

• 2 months later...

Ink, I am sorry I did not respond much sooner. I did finally test the connection issue today. I first tried both pedals and joystick, same problem occurred, wasn't able to make selections. Then tried un-plugging ch pro pedals; problem still persisted. Then un-plugged joystick and plugged in pedals, the problem was gone, I was able to make selections as normal. Note: I did a game restart each time I made an adjustment. This is a CH pro Combatstick. It is USB 2.0 I believe as are the pedals. Also note I have TrackIR plugged in whole time with no issues. Just so flight simmers like me will know what's good and what isn't.  Hope this helps.

Edited by racketyjack
  • Like 1