Game-Labs Forum

Patrol area shut down certain time before maintenance

Hello guys,

today in the Nassau patrol zone we headed into a battle at ~9:15 srv time, so 45 min till maintenance. In this battle a player (Rattlesnake Heavy) of nation B joined the side of a player from nation A (Prince de Neufchatel), who had attacked a NPC vessel (think it was a Navy Brig). We joined on the NPC side, two RSH, one Niagara. Shortly after a second player from nation A joined (RSH). We killed two players on the Rattlesnakes, the NPC sank due to the circle. The Prince decided to run, not knowing when the battle ends (via maintenance), noone will gain any rewards, all ships would be restored and people cannot claim their rewards. We told him, well he did not believe us :)

Besides all the trolling and insults in battle chat and so on, my suggestion regarding patrol areas:

Could we close the areas about 30 minutes before maintenance so no - let's say griefing - is possible here. In this case all current ongoing patrol area battles will be closed at this certain point of time. Messages telling people that the missions will close could (or should) spawn minutes before that of course.

Please provide feedback on this suggestion, thank you.

Regards, 

Pala

• Like 2

Another option is to just award the patrol zone rewards when maint starts.  The other day, I stupidly went to bed instead of sailing back to port and hitting the claim button.  Completely my fault, but really, the rewards could easily be awarded at the end of day.  Still like your idea of closing battles half an hour early

12 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Another option is to just award the patrol zone rewards when maint starts.  The other day, I stupidly went to bed instead of sailing back to port and hitting the claim button.  Completely my fault, but really, the rewards could easily be awarded at the end of day.  Still like your idea of closing battles half an hour early

In this case you don't get rewarded for the last battle, as it is still ongoing when srv shuts down. But I feel you there, happened to me like ten times /o\