Game-Labs Forum

1/2 Pood Edinorog / 1/2-пудового единорога

Even if not really historically accurate, I'd suggest half poods for class 8 armaments (and maybe upgraded "copper half poods" as class 6).

They could have the same differences (ups and downs) over mediums/carronades as their big sisters or, more realistic (at least for class 8) have heavily increased longrange penetration.

Further, they should, as 1poods, not be craftable to stay a very rare option, you don't want to loose.

please discuss

They should just be removed. I haven't much knowledge about the poods, but if they were as powerfull as they are in game then I refuse to believe they wouldn't have been added to every navy in the world - provided the ships construction could manage the recoil.. 

They have been. Historically the russians used them first (around 1800), then the french and a few years later the british (1830s). They were an advancement from carronades and short (medium) guns that led to modern ballistics and artillery as unicorn guns were able to shoot explosives and other complex loads. They lost their superiority to modern "steel warfare" in the 1860s to 1880s. BUT no deck was equipped with just edinorogs. Usually only 4-10 guns per battery was an edi. The others were matching normal guns.

If "available" (or short) in other sizes, I geuss it will rebalance them.

11 hours ago, blademage said:

They could have the same differences (ups and downs) over mediums/carronades as their big sisters or, more realistic (at least for class 8) have heavily increased longrange penetration.

One question: after the pood nerf, which are these difference?

13 hours ago, blademage said:

They have been. Historically the russians used them first (around 1800), then the french and a few years later the british (1830s). They were an advancement from carronades and short (medium) guns that led to modern ballistics and artillery as unicorn guns were able to shoot explosives and other complex loads. They lost their superiority to modern "steel warfare" in the 1860s to 1880s. BUT no deck was equipped with just edinorogs. Usually only 4-10 guns per battery was an edi. The others were matching normal guns.

If "available" (or short) in other sizes, I geuss it will rebalance them.

So the guns are not in widespread use during this timeframe? (As all ships are from 1760's to the 1812's, disregarding the butt ugly Ingermanland)..

5 hours ago, victor said:

One question: after the pood nerf, which are these difference?

My experience of the nerf is that I bought 80 new poods cheaply as people wanted to sell them before the nerf, yet they stayed as op as before.