Game-Labs Forum

Hello dear developers!

During recent updates me and many other players have noticed that most of your updates have been affecting game community negativelly. For example, now it is hard to get Victory marks and for some nations it's next to impossible. I think Victory marks should be able to be made some other way too than just being top nation on the map. Also nations that dont have capital should be given capital since now them not having capital pushes them to the edge and forces them to dangerous waters while others can sail safely in their capital area.
   Next thing is about content. I have been playing this game for long time and ever since I started this game its content has stayed the same. No new areas and no new kind of missions nor game systems. This up coming change will be one of the biggest things that I have seen as a change. But other than that its been pretty small changes overall. 
   Also the rewarding for playing long. I know that many of my friends have hit already the 1000 hour mark and are still playing. But what do they get for being loyal gamers? Nothing really. And because of this I suggest that you guys add achievements or daily reward system to revard players who really give their time and effort to this game.

Problems: 

1-Difficulty of getting victory mark is way too high.

2-Other nations have been set into difficult position.

3-There is way too few players to have whole community.

4-Not much new content.

5-Old players wont get rewarded for staying and playing thousands of hours.

Fixes:

1-Give the system back that Combat marks could be exchanged to Victory marks. If your reason for this update was to make 1st rate ships more rare then use some other methods to do so but not this way. You need to give a chance for small nations to build 1st rates too.

2-Give every new nation some kind of capital. This would call some kind of reset that may anger players but it will also give some nations fresh and much needed start. For example now russians on Caribbean server have around 10 ports when Brits and Spanish people have close to 20-40 ports.

3-To get more players you should advertise the game more. Also you should listen players opinions and have votes on new updates. Game called Runescape Old School does this and they have poll about all updates and let players vote what ideas should go through. This way you make game that players who pay for it like and not just game that they have to play.

4-As I noted above you should let players have more power over what updates will come. Players of this game have really good imagination and im sure you guys can get good suggestions on what kind of new content this game needs. So let them suggest and vote over updates they want.

5-As I said in intro this game really doesnt reward old players for playing long time and for being loyal. Therefore I suggest that you guys create somekind of system that rewards players who have played 1hour, 20 hours, 100hours 250 hours...and so on and so on. This way you keep old players in and keep them happy. Like for example 1000 hour mark could be exlusive paint for selected ship type. Rewards should not give advantage over other pleyers.

Thank for your patience and for reading my mail.

From your dear player.

Ghost
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

As to all nations having capitals, some players like having no safe zone and the possibility to be reduced to nothing.  If you want to have a safe zone and a capital, choose a nation that has one. :) 

Thank you for this reply. And I agree that some may want this but they can also choose to stay in ports that are in risk area. I just think that every nation should have capital so that everyone has some kind of resting place and where they dont need to be afraid of getting attacked. These areas may not be needed to players who do purely pvp but those who do ship building and misiions do need it.

To readers:

Please feel free to comment and add suggestions and fixes that you guys think that this game needs. Remember to use polite language to keep possible admins positive interest in this post. Also please keep your suggestions neutral. Updates wont favor any nations. 

I will try to ansver to any comments and questions you guys post.

PVP rewards shouldn't be the exclusivity of content that we all enjoy playing with.  It should be non-game breaking.  Example.  Paint jobs, sail colors, gold trim on flags, alternative decorations on ships, etc..   Cosmetic stuff.  That way everyone can have access to the best ships instead of just those who spend hours grinding PVP.  Not all of us are PVP players.  We enjoy other aspects of the game, but now we don't have access to all the ships - and old sailors like me are used to having access to them.  

Likewise, put exclusive cosmetic stuff in for other types of activities.  Numbers of NPC's killed, tonnage transported/traded, gold accumulated, etc...  

Right now players like myself are afraid to bring out our first rates or Wasa's because we can't replace them.  No one should be afraid to play.  Your incentive model needs to be reworked.  I'm already playing less because you've restricted access to some of my favorite ships.  My guild is suffering because we used to be self-sufficient - but now players are wondering if they have to join a bigger guild to get access to victory marks and stuff.  People like me enjoy the comradery of smaller guilds.  You're taking that away, and if my guild merges into a bigger guild just because of this PVP/VM exclusivity crap, some of my friends and I will leave the game.  

I'm not kidding, Naval Action devs.  You gotta consider that everyone has different reasons for playing.  PVP turns off some of your people.  Others simply don't have the hours to sink into that.  They do a little trading, a mission or two, and they're happy.  Or were happy until you took their incentive away....

@Peiper 1st rates are not for ow PvP and instead of a Wasa take something else. The surprise is a cheap and good PvP ship to hunt alone. Endy, Trinc with more firepower...

Just get out and look for fights.

A small clan can also participate in port battles. Every nation needs every available captain to do these. Just get on nation TS and speak with the other clans.

If you don't want to do PvP or RvR at all you can buy PvP marks from others. But I highly suggest you get out and try to fight.

@Stepp636  I explained my problems and I offered a solution.  Your response is to do what the devs want me to do, which I see as a slap in the face.  How about responding to my alternative to PVP rewards instead? 

(I used to run a big guild back in the day.  I've been there, done that.  Did port battles, raiding parties, built a first rate every day for a month.  I've done it all.  I would like to simply play casual now.  If I lose one of my ships, I want to be able to replace it.  I leave other players alone and do my thing.  I REALLY don't like PVP, but my friends are here, and there's other things for me to do.  There's room in the ocean for all kinds of fish.  Well, there was.  Now there's less.)

PvE players get a chance for rare books and upgrades in their battles and also a lot of money.

PvP players get PvP marks and way less money for their battles. No chance of a drop of rare stuff in PvP battles.

Same goes for RvR.

The marks are a way to finance the lifestyle of pure PvP players on a PvP server. It's not that hard to buy the stuff from others with the insane money you can gather in missions.