Game-Labs Forum

Question on playing servers???

Is it possible to play or have a character on 2 or more servers.  In other words, have a character on PVP EU server w rank Master & Comander then start playing on PVE server & NOT use the Forged Papers or whatever to move your XP & Gold from PVP EU. Just start as Midshipman & progress from there.  What about doing the same thing on the PVP Global server? you would end up with 3 characters, these characters would have the same name but would have their own rank, xp, & gold.   Is that possible without screwing things up??? I'm thinking I would like some times to just sail around do trading and missions without getting jumped.  Other times having a scrap is fun....Just when I want to.

Yes, actually that is how it works.  If you start a new character on a second server (or 3rd server) you start from scratch.  New name, or same name if you like, but not linked.  XP and other assets are independent.  Before the server data was segregated (back in May I think?) players had a chance then to establish 3 separate characters, and have their XP on each as a redeemable.  Now if you start on a new server you start from scratch.  They are independent and nothing is screwed up.  You can log into each server and play each of the 3 separate players.

Edited by Jean Ribault

Go for it Tacticus. You'll find it is great. If you get a little bored or frustrated with one server you can play on one of the others. They each have their own flavor and are each a different experience. You can even roll a different country if you want.  You will meet a lot more very wonderful people.