Game-Labs Forum

National Free Towns

Having nation ports made available for all is problematic for the entire nation. Yet in the current iteration there's nothing to be done with it. 

I agree that clanwars would essentially be invalidating the nations and basically throw any pretense of a historical pretext out of the window. I do however believe that nations should be allowed to punish corrupt governors that take bribes from all sorts of shady ppl and makes their ports available for all..

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Agreed. Rogue clans and alts are already infiltrating and opening up ports on the doorsteps of nation capital areas... Seems a bit silly to not be able to punish those clans, and I feel the dev's didn't have the wherewithal to actually go full on clan wars like they initially planned, and instead implemented something totally half baked.

There's no such thing as a "rogue" clan.. But ofc a national port that is made into a free town should be capturable..

6 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Having nation ports made available for all is problematic for the entire nation. Yet in the current iteration there's nothing to be done with it. 

I agree that clanwars would essentially be invalidating the nations and basically throw any pretense of a historical pretext out of the window. I do however believe that nations should be allowed to punish corrupt governors that take bribes from all sorts of shady ppl and makes their ports available for all..

Well Historically for a While KPR was basically a National Free Town.. One side of the bay was the British Navy.. the other side was the Pirates... Plus all since all towns not in teh original zones are capture able.. Take it and change it:)

Just now, CaptVonGunn said:

Well Historically for a While KPR was basically a National Free Town.. One side of the bay was the British Navy.. the other side was the Pirates... Plus all since all towns not in teh original zones are capture able.. Take it and change it:)

You can't "Take it" from a fellow national clan. Which is fine by me since the period we're talking about has experienced a large centralisation that continued during the napoleonic wars. The period of KPRs history you're refering to was in the 16th century and up untill the onset of the period where the devs get the ships from. Corrupt governors wasn't unheard of in the carribean but became less and less pronounced as the nations started balancing the books more closely and punish the corrupt governors. in lieu of a centralised nation I suggest the ability to flip national ports that has been made available for all.

Really? I thought they said clans from same nation were going to be able to take control by force from others? Did they not add that in yet?(goes to re-read the pre 11.0 patch thread)

ah it was in this thread

Just not sure what they are still planning

Edited by CaptVonGunn

This is where it's good to get friends in other nations.  Just have a clan that gets a long with your clan take that port and than you can take it back from them or they can abandon it.  If the so called rogue clans are to much of a problem that another nation can't boot the, than maybe they aren't the rogues and it's your clan that is the true rogue?  Ever think about that one? Or maybe you should of flipped that port in stead of what ever you where doing. You can go and drive up more agro than the rogue clan to get the port from them after all when it flips it's the clan that has the most agro that gets to keep it after the port battle.

• Like 2