Game-Labs Forum

When are ship paints going to re-introduced? 

It was good to be able to change the appearance of your ship.

I am dead against pay to win, so buying xp boosts or premium ships would not be my cup of tea.

I would however pay to the able to change my ship colour.

if I bought a Frigate paint it should be able to be used on any Frigate not just a single Frigate.

The price would have to be quite low thouugh.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Michael Corvinus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Corvinus said:

When are ship paints going to re-introduced? 

It was good to be able to change the appearance of your ship.

Totally agree with you on that!

2 hours ago, Michael Corvinus said:

I would however pay to the able to change my ship colour.

Totally disagree with you on that one though!

Why making people pay for in-game features when your game is already 40 USD in alpha stage? If you add microtransactions to this game, I'm sure you will make many people angry. In psychology and economics, the "prospect theory" states that when you remove something from somebody, you make them angry. You already took the paints away from us (for testing and developpement issues and I understand that) which is subject to making us angry, but if you reintroduce them in a "microtransaction way", you might loose the respect we have for you (if any left after patch 10).

Edited by Fritz Hermann

But paints were never a mainstream thing, there weren't that many people that got them to begin with and even then it was random which color you got. I don't see any problem with having a store set up for cosmetic items, black sails, signals stuff like that if it supports the devs, but nothing combat or xp related. Remember you pay that $40 once and never have to pay a subscription like other MMO's.

Either way, it'd be nice if they were able to be crafted. Like you have this pigment from this port and so on.