Game-Labs Forum

New Crafting XP Sources Please

Several players trying to get through the low and mid level shipbuilding XP grind mean our ship market gets flooded with low and mid level ships that there is not a substantial player demand for.  (the cheap pricing of "store-bought" ships doesn't help)  National resources (labor hours, in particular) are being wasted to produce ships that will often just get broken up.  It would be cool to see a broad demand and more variety of ships in use, but it seems like most players are out trading in Indiamans and grinding their Agamemnons, Bellonas and Victorys.  Why no crafting XP for producing cannons, which are usually in demand?  Why no crafting XP for crafting components of higher level ships that do get used?  Maybe something creative like "mission" shipbuilding contracts to replace some of those AI ships that players sink every day?  Why do we have to build and break up a bunch of ships that the game isn't generating a demand for?  (Please don't suggest the measly XP from high-risk delivery missions to enemy capitals.) 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Several players trying to get through the low and mid level shipbuilding XP grind mean our ship market gets flooded with low and mid level ships that there is not a substantial player demand for.  (the cheap pricing of "store-bought" ships doesn't help)  National resources (labor hours, in particular) are being wasted to produce ships that will often just get broken up.  It would be cool to see a broad demand and more variety of ships in use, but it seems like most players are out trading in Indiamans and grinding their Agamemnons, Bellonas and Victorys.  Why no crafting XP for producing cannons, which are usually in demand?  Why no crafting XP for crafting components of higher level ships that do get used?  Maybe something creative like "mission" shipbuilding contracts to replace some of those AI ships that players sink every day?  Why do we have to build and break up a bunch of ships that the game isn't generating a demand for?  (Please don't suggest the measly XP from high-risk delivery missions to enemy capitals.) 

No method to level crafting except building ships......and a ridiculous low 50 xp or 51 xp for turning in a delivery missions...

We have got to have some other way to level crafting.  

XP for Cannons

higher XP for delivery missions.... maybe factor in how far the delivery needed to be shipped in from.  

Maybe drop items that can only used as deliveries to capitals/specific ports for huge crafting XP 

The crafting missions are fine for the first level or two but how many thousands of crafting missions would you need to level to 50?

1 minute ago, Salty Dog on Global said:

No method to level crafting except building ships......and a ridiculous low 50 xp or 51 xp for turning in a delivery missions...

We have got to have some other way to level crafting.  

XP for Cannons

higher XP for delivery missions.... maybe factor in how far the delivery needed to be shipped in from.  

Maybe drop items that can only used as deliveries to capitals/specific ports for huge crafting XP 

The crafting missions are fine for the first level or two but how many thousands of crafting missions would you need to level to 50?

I don't disagree with you.  Prior to the patch however, I leveled to craft level 50 by crafting from buildings and crafting parts for other nation members.  I would suggest a similar route starting out for new crafters, the business is always there for you to continue your crafting and use up your hours.  Personally I haven't built a single ship (sad, I know, lol) and got to level 50.

It seems the devs want crafted ships in the ship market, but to make that effective the market must actually want those ships on the ship market too.  I don't even really care about getting money for them - I just want to see them used for a purpose that justifies the labor hours and resources invested.  I wish we still had the ship knowledge slot grinding tree to generate some demand. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

4 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

I don't disagree with you.  Prior to the patch however, I leveled to craft level 50 by crafting from buildings and crafting parts for other nation members.  I would suggest a similar route starting out for new crafters, the business is always there for you to continue your crafting and use up your hours.  Personally I haven't built a single ship (sad, I know, lol) and got to level 50.

You can't do this anymore. The only way to get craft xp from crafting is by making ships. No components give xp anymore.