Game-Labs Forum

Ship teleporting in open world

theprof739

Within the past 45 minutes or so, I was exiting a battle against an AI, and bad luck as my invisiblity dropped a couple of players pirates Gamover and Moscalb, happened to appear on the horizon. So I try to make a run on the open world and they gave chase, I was in an Agamemnon while Moscalb was in a Bellona and Gamover was also in an Agamemnon. Moscalb was much closer, but on my screen I was managing to keep pace and eventually it looked clearly to me like I was outrunning Moscalb, while Gamover was beyond the horizon for my vision.. at this time I had been dumping the excess cargo I had. Moscalb then disappeared behind me, not like it was off the horizon, which is more of a fading effect, he just vanished. A few seconds later I saw the text on my screen saying "bellona has targeted you"  and Moscalb was along side me and I had around 11 seconds on the timer.

Moscalb, was at that time Streaming his game on Twitch. To him, he was gaining on my Agamemnon, and when he tried to initiate attack several times,  the timer didn't engage and he pulled ahead of me and even dropped sails to try and tag my ship into battle. before it succeeded. I f11 reported the incident during the battle and Gamover sad in battle chat that they had reported it as well. I lost my ship in the battle and I was very upset, I don't accuse Moscalb or Gamover or anything, they seemed as confused as me. but it's really annoying to have lost my ship in such a way when to me it looked like I had quite clearly escaped. 

Sounds like a latency issue.  

One of them was streaming and this may have been effecting his ping to the server.  Causing him to drop packets thus showing him in a different place on his screen then he was on the server.  

33 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Sounds like a latency issue.  

One of them was streaming and this may have been effecting his ping to the server.  Causing him to drop packets thus showing him in a different place on his screen then he was on the server.  

That doesn't explain what theprof saw on his end, unless he too was lagging.

I get a pretty conistent latency of between 80 and 110 ping (I play on PVP Eu) and am in the US east coast. I've never had connectivity issues, at that rate, before.  On Moscalbs stream he was running between 40-55 ping at the time.

Stream VOD around 48 minutes in the chase begins and we entered battle at the 55 minute mark. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159882484