Game-Labs Forum

I envisioned another world for this game. Please excuse me for trying to express the world I had hoped THIS GAME would model. I'll call it NAaW - Naval Action alternate World.

A: From the pace of battles in Sea Trials - I "caught" the bug of wanting a world with fast paced, one after another, NEARLY EVEN battles available on demand.

B: After my first week in open world I pined for something to explore to make that sim more realistic, the birds and scenery upgrades helped, but .....

------

Here is the TLDR: I think the relationship between Battles and OW is back asswards. I think we have gone down the rabbit hole of trying to make the OW "work" by gluing various forms of failed "battle instances" onto it - a wrong approach from the start IMO......

Look at EVE Online: All Battle Instances - All The Time. Each System is it's own "battle instance". NAaW Would have started with each "county" on the map being it's own Battle Instance with entry/exit gates between each of the 100 or so odd "counties" in NAaW.

Each county could then have it's own "matchmaker" lobby similar to Sea Trials - if it's a Brit County you as a Spanish could hang in the lobby and just fight brits all day long - cool?

Of course Sovereignty and battles for change of Sov would be another thing to figure out, but I think with the entire county being an instance all the time it

could easily be worked out.

------

Aw well, the path not taken ......

Edited by Magnum