Game-Labs Forum

I Surrender! BATTLE IS OVER... or not?

4 hours ago, James Thomson said:

What stops him to sink you after catching you again at OS? 

Nothing? We are pirates. 

But not all are dishonorable and if you build a reputation as a raider who can be bought then it works in your favor right?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, James Thomson said:

What stops him to sink you after catching you again at OS? 

Nothing. But what stops a seller to take your money on ebay and disappear? Feedback. No mechanic needed

18 hours ago, Meraun said:

I+1

i woud even add an option for the player to pay the Attacker after he boarded the Ship. So basicly "200k and i can keep the Ships"?

No need mate. Less mechanics better it is. Can't make mechanics or buttons for every solutions. Let them talk and agree of disagree. Trader will have to weight the risk vs value of his cargo. Its his call. I for instance would love to build a reputation of being honest pirate. 

17 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

Maybe I'm being stupid but I'm fairly sure the battle ends when a player surrenders already

You are not stupid. Battles DO finish when player surrenders. We want them NOT. We want that after surrendering, there is still an option for the attacker to give defender back the access of his ship... for a ransom or for whatever other reason. Often I will attack smaller player ships just to get some repairs. If player surrenders, I could take some repairs from his cargo and give him his ship back. No need to make new players suffer more than they should 😋

12 hours ago, Suenami said:

Pretty sad to see a post from 2017 and people still bumping it in 2019 cuz apperently nothing has been done in regards to this .

Regrettably so...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, koltes said:

Battles DO finish when player surrenders. We want them NOT. We want that after surrendering, there is still an option for the attacker to give defender back the access of his ship... for a ransom or for whatever other reason. Often I will attack smaller player ships just to get some repairs. If player surrenders, I could take some repairs from his cargo and give him his ship back. No need to make new players suffer more than they should 😋

I like the sound of this.  How do you get the ship back to the player?

On 7/3/2017 at 2:13 AM, admin said:

It is going to be very hard to solve the griefing problem where the player will let him go to attack again (especially using friends).
If he is let go and appears in the open world he will be attacked again. 
If he is sent to port after that it will be used to send ships around using alts. 

The victim doesn't have to be griefed.  The victim can give up his ship(s) whenever he chooses,  and the cycle is over.   No-one is a prisoner in this game.  A rational player will just give up their ship(s) rather than suffer like a trapped monkey.  I am absolutely amazed that intelligent adults have allowed themselves to be late for work because they have refused to lose a little boat in a game.  It is beyond any reasoning that some players can convince themselves that they have no choice and are FORCED to stay in game against their will.   People need to get over loss, lighten up and enjoy themselves. 

Sending the ships to port was never suggested ... was it?

On 7/3/2017 at 2:46 AM, admin said:

Ability to surrender only cargo is a great idea - we will put this into a feature backlog. It is not easy to make this - because the way you propose it - it can cause potential for griefing. For example - player surrenders cargo and waits for the privateer to decide on it. What if that privateer holds his decision for 1.5 hours. We then have to keep that trader for 1.5 hours somewhere until the privateers makes the decision not to sink the ship.

You have a timer on the interval that a player can wait in a battle ... why not have a timer on how long a privateer can withhold a decision to sink or release.  Say  20 minutes or 10 minutes. 

---------------------------------------------

This feature should be implemented immediately.  It is a wonderful idea on so many levels.  The only arguments against it are trivial.  It is a player driven game.  Although some players might practice deception and try to play with victims (like a fish on a hook) there is nothing harmful or serious about the potential abuse that this proposal presents.  There is so much to gain and so little at risk.

Let's test it out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Meraun said:

I+1

i woud even add an option for the player to pay the Attacker after he boarded the Ship. So basicly "200k and i can keep the Ships"?

Absolutely! Why only have ability to Let Go after surrender?

Hypothetical scenario:

I tag a trader. We are in a battle instance. I say would you like me to let you go for a ransom (no fighting or boarding or surrender involved. Trader just transfers the amount and I let him escape the battle as normal)? He thinks for a moment and decides to take his chances: “nah” - he says.

We go into pursuit and eventually he is caught. He may still surrender at this point (“okey, okey! Spare my crew. I will pay!”). If he does, I inspect his cargo and give him a price of ransom for which I will agree to let him go (now when I know what he is carrying). Again he might accept or not.

Or he never surrenders still (that tough stubborn bugger) so I board him and take control of his ship.

While inspecting his cargo the captain and whats left of his crew are waiting on the upper deck for their fate. I find nothing useful on his ship, just rats and an old passenger lady who smelled like a rotten tomato.

I turn face to face to the captain: “You were not kidding Mister. Your hold is even emptier than my stomach was in the Spanish jail cell. You can take your crew and get the hell out of here”

And after winning the fight, after boarding him I have ability to... l e t    h i m    g o 😍

• Like 3