Game-Labs Forum

Bring back pvp event areas

1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

Its not limited? you can still go to enemy waters if you feel like fighting revenge fleets?

oh wait now I get it..

You're not happy about pvpers not coming to your waters anymore in case the event comes back, so you cant revenge fleet them anymore :)

Besides I think it would generate way more PvP than it is at the moment. Many cant be arsed to sail for hours anymore in the middle of nowhere, since looking for pvp in the heart of enemy waters has proven to be pretty much suicide, due to the camping on battle position.

Why not let people actively want to fight, fight each other? instead of forcing them to go to enemy waters and sink players not looking for pvp?

The odds of 2 groups actively looking for pvp run into each other is next to non existant right now.

My problem with this suggestion is, the last time we tried it... it didnt work.  

It was just massive gank fleets sailing around the area the fights were to take place and looking for easy targets or running from those that were bigger than them.  So there was no real fights.  

Just now, Hodo said:

My problem with this suggestion is, the last time we tried it... it didnt work.  

It was just massive gank fleets sailing around the area the fights were to take place and looking for easy targets or running from those that were bigger than them.  So there was no real fights.  

Thats not really true; I've had a lot of both 1v1s and 3v3 or similar. You jsut gotta ignore the massive 12 man 1st rate guys; somewhen they will realize they were just wasting time

Besides - Ganking happens in OW anyway, but with the bitter addition of revenge fleets - Why not eliminate that factor?

53 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Thats not really true; I've had a lot of both 1v1s and 3v3 or similar. You jsut gotta ignore the massive 12 man 1st rate guys; somewhen they will realize they were just wasting time

Besides - Ganking happens in OW anyway, but with the bitter addition of revenge fleets - Why not eliminate that factor?

I know on the PVP1 and PVP2 there was a lot of gank fleets that just roamed the PVP event zones, so you wouldnt get 1v1s or anything  like what you suggest.  75% of the time it was 6v1 or some absurd number vs something much smaller. ANYONE who did these events back then knows this.  

The only thing that was balanced was the stupid small battles and large battles that you could arrange. 

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I know on the PVP1 and PVP2 there was a lot of gank fleets that just roamed the PVP event zones, so you wouldnt get 1v1s or anything  like what you suggest.  75% of the time it was 6v1 or some absurd number vs something much smaller. ANYONE who did these events back then knows this.  

I did the pvp events solo most of the times and managed to get on the board quite regularly, fighting other solo captains

When I tried the PVP events, mostly seen gank fleets waiting outside the area.

I feel anything that encourages or restricts PVP gameplay to a few small areas on the map goes against the original idea of an OW.  Might as well make it so you can sail there to fight players in Legends.

• Like 3