Game-Labs Forum

Complete short list how to make this game succesfull!

Dear Developers!

I will be short. Ur game is super, but u stick to some mechanic make it unviable.

Appart from whining on forum, there is 3 reason players leave the game.

1. New players leave mainly because of the hard progress, they do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them.

2. There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it.

3. PvP is totally wrecked in the new system.

My suggestions:

1. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail in this with a warship they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters, and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes. 

2. Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h . (It can boost smuggler activity what is good for the game aswell, while everybody must sail back with cargo, what is the exciting part for both side i think)

3. Let all players make outpost only at 1 freetown with the opportunity to move ship and switch to ship there, so all nation PVP oriented captain can do thier joy, and we dont need sail hour and hours for nothing.

If u do this, the map will filled up with live. New players will be happy, PVP will be high, and in my opinion the game loose its player leak, and get some player growth.

Best Regards: ..

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Prater said:

There are plenty of "sailing" games where you don't have to sail...this doesnt have to be one of them.

If u say this to my suggestion, then u dont think about it, what it means. Sailing time will be the same, just we dont do the meaningless, real life killer part. Sail the same way again and again and again with no action. After this traders sail always with cargo or to collecting stuff duty, PVPers for PVP, explorers for outpost. Hard to understand, that active player part is better for a game than passive?

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DrZoidberg said:

If u say this to my suggestion, then u dont think about it, what it means. Sailing time will be the same, just we dont do the meaningless, real life killer part. Sail the same way again and again and again with no action. After this traders sail always with cargo or to collecting stuff duty, PVPers for PVP, explorers for outpost. Hard to understand, that active player part is better for a game than passive?

I have no idea what you said.  And is it that hard to type out the word YOU?

And sailing isnt that bad if you do it in the right ship for the job.  

I sailed from Barcos to Ays last night in around 30min in my Lynx.  It isnt that hard to do.  

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I have no idea what you said.  And is it that hard to type out the word YOU?

And sailing isnt that bad if you do it in the right ship for the job.  

I sailed from Barcos to Ays last night in around 30min in my Lynx.  It isnt that hard to do.  

I sail as smuggler, i sail as PVP figter, i do PVE aswell. In system i suggested sailing time not much lower, because u have to for outposts, for explore around, for cargo hauling, for PVP, for PVE, all things what is exciting. But thats not exciting if i sank at Belize and i have to take my newe ship fprm KPR to there. Lotta left the game because of this, i think. I wont. i just want players by my side, not sailing alone...And more exciting, fair PVP...

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrZoidberg said:

I sail as smuggler, i sail as PVP figter, i do PVE aswell. In system i suggested sailing time not much lower, because u have to for outposts, for explore around, for cargo hauling, for PVP, for PVE, all things what is exciting. But thats not exciting if i sank at Belize and i have to take my newe ship fprm KPR to there. Lotta left the game because of this, i think. I wont. i just want players by my side, not sailing alone...

I sail alone a lot.   But I also hang out in different clans Teamspeaks or in my original clan teamspeak and none of them play this game or even want to.  But I have a good time hunting players, tracking my prize captures and the such.  It is a "game" to me, I am trying to match or beat some of the prize records of the actual time period.  So far I have been pretty much on par sailing around in a Lynx.

As for outposts, expand your docks, so you have 8 slots, place a ship in the outpost near where you like to fight, and then either teleport up there or sail there if it is a free town.  

• Like 1

I'm afraid I also disagree. The lack of teleporting has imo improved the game as the map has essentially become much bigger and far away places really do feel far away. I play as a pirate and search for PVP and me and my clan mates are already a big pest for other players. It does however require some travel time and organisation. If you gave us ship and freeport teleporting we would no longer be a pest but a plague!!! :) Also, for RvR I would imagine that ports would then suddenly be under threat from nations on the other side of the Caribbean?

• Like 1