Game-Labs Forum

PVP/PVE or Combat Marks currency done properly

11 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Why dont you just fight combat ships? or is that too hard, that what most of us do.

Read the post combat marks for fighting all.....including traders.

Some of us like me, sail around in small ships, like Privateers, Pickles, and Lynxes and hunt like real privateers and pirates.  So the thought of not gaining some kind of PVP reward for taking on nothing other than the chance at cargo.  

And seeing as now that trade ships are just as armed as the non-trade versions this can be quite a risky job.  You try taking on a Trader Snow in a Lynx.  

23 hours ago, Guruthos said:

Alt farming and/or noob ganking ... probably it has to do sth with it ... 

I agree the rewards nowadays for PvP are not high enough. But if you make special items just accessable for players who invest alot of time in pvp no pve player can ever compete with them at all ... first less experience and second his ship is not that good. everyone of the pvp players who is complaining about the new system always said he was not participating in ganking and they always were searching for equal fights ... but is it still equal if all good shipknowlage is nearly just to get with pvp marks? lets say you board a surprise with your surprise and you have all good bording upgrates but the other palyer could net even affrort 1 yet? that has aswell nothing to do with equality and challange so actually every pvp player writing here should be happy that finally they really can have equal fights ... instead they ask for sth special for them to get ... ok some would be happy with paintings so those i actually consider really as players who really want to fight an equal fight. 

Somehow it's funny that a rating system aswell could make some happy ... but better i don't continue this point and keep my thoughts for myself. 

Ok, but all items are tradable so if you want something 'special' from an aspect of the game, commission a player to source it for you. Then use the aspect of the game you farm/grind to trade for it.  What's the issue?

26 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Ok, but all items are tradable so if you want something 'special' from an aspect of the game, commission a player to source it for you. Then use the aspect of the game you farm/grind to trade for it.  What's the issue?

with other words instead of ganking myself i shall pay others to gank? what difference does it make?

just for getting 5% more speed by the bow figure it needed 4 pvp marks. so actually to get it you need to sink more than 1 5th rate ... equal fights and i manage to sink 2 surpirse ... they had it on their ship aswell so they needs to sink another 2 ships each to get it back (already 6 ships are at the bottom of the sea and 6 players are maybe frustrated instead of 1)... that necessary needs to lead to ganking if all pvp players who actually lose their ships and still want to have the best ship as possible so many more need to get sunk ... a slightly better skill in this game doesn't lead to victory because those who have the better gear, if not outnumberd, will have huge advantage ... by pvp marks you could buy upgrade and book (bow figure and optimized ballst) witch gives you together 8% more speed. if you have a ship with 12knots it already makes abou 1 knot speed difference ... so who has it will always be able to get away if he is on the same ship as his opponent even he is worse in fighting he can run and the one who doesn't have this advantage has no chance to catch him ... no chance to earn the marks for himself to get this advantage if he doesn't chose attack 2vs1 or a smaller ship.

now everyone can get these things by doing pve ... no need to gank anymore or support the ganking by giving those money who do... some pve players actually might be better in fighting then the player who attacks him suddenly and now, because he could buy these things, is able to participate in a real fight ...

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:00 AM, Guruthos said:

with other words instead of ganking myself i shall pay others to gank? what difference does it make?

just for getting 5% more speed by the bow figure it needed 4 pvp marks. so actually to get it you need to sink more than 1 5th rate ... equal fights and i manage to sink 2 surpirse ... they had it on their ship aswell so they needs to sink another 2 ships each to get it back (already 6 ships are at the bottom of the sea and 6 players are maybe frustrated instead of 1)... that necessary needs to lead to ganking if all pvp players who actually lose their ships and still want to have the best ship as possible so many more need to get sunk ... a slightly better skill in this game doesn't lead to victory because those who have the better gear, if not outnumberd, will have huge advantage ... by pvp marks you could buy upgrade and book (bow figure and optimized ballst) witch gives you together 8% more speed. if you have a ship with 12knots it already makes abou 1 knot speed difference ... so who has it will always be able to get away if he is on the same ship as his opponent even he is worse in fighting he can run and the one who doesn't have this advantage has no chance to catch him ... no chance to earn the marks for himself to get this advantage if he doesn't chose attack 2vs1 or a smaller ship.

now everyone can get these things by doing pve ... no need to gank anymore or support the ganking by giving those money who do... some pve players actually might be better in fighting then the player who attacks him suddenly and now, because he could buy these things, is able to participate in a real fight ...

The difference is risk vs. reward.  Talking about gear, equal fights, speed differentials, etc., is irrelevant.  In traditional maritime history almost no recorded engagement was ever fair.  There were dozens of variables, if not hundreds at play.  Also, travelling in numbers will deter and counter ganking more than 'gear' and the ability to farm marks.  Moreover, if you want to farm PVP marks engage your nation, friends, clan, etc., and go hunt.  Maybe after sailing for 4-6 hours and you actually have some action and everyone scores 1-2 marks, if you win, and they don't run, and you choose to sink your prey, you'll appreciate the value the marks have or don't.  

Lastly, what's a 'real' fight? 

On 6/30/2017 at 1:39 AM, Landomatic said:

The difference is risk vs. reward.  Talking about gear, equal fights, speed differentials, etc., is irrelevant.  In traditional maritime history almost no recorded engagement was ever fair.  There were dozens of variables, if not hundreds at play.  Also, travelling in numbers will deter and counter ganking more than 'gear' and the ability to farm marks.  Moreover, if you want to farm PVP marks engage your nation, friends, clan, etc., and go hunt.  Maybe after sailing for 4-6 hours and you actually have some action and everyone scores 1-2 marks, if you win, and they don't run, and you choose to sink your prey, you'll appreciate the value the marks have or don't.  

Lastly, what's a 'real' fight? 

In traditional maritime history, if a number of enemy vessels were hanging around raiding trade ships and small patrols they would have been chased off pretty quickly by a nation's protection fleets, larger patrols would be conducted to ensure safer passage and hunting fleets would have been sent out after the pirates/privateers. In traditional maritime history the world wasn't burning with eternal war like it is in this game.

Marks are a P2W currency that rewards one style of play only.